"...A trip to the Mt. Pinatubo Crater" Santa Juliana by Bonobo2005
Santa Juliana Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 36 photos
... some moderate volcano trekking is always high on my wish list when I'm off for holiday.
On a flight, I saw an article in the inflight magazine about the trek up to Mt Pinatubo Crater, probably hoping to boost their bookings on their direct flights from S'pore to Clark Airport, North of Manila.
Well....., they earned at least one!!
I stayed in nearby Angeles City, an unattactve big town nearby the base of Pinatubu, but not one that attracts Pinatubu hikers. If you search hard, there are few travel agents doing local tours but they cater mostly to the Caucasian / bargirl couples looking for an easy pastime during the day. And the Pinatubo 9 hours tour including 4 hour mountain hike, does not really fit into this.
Organised tours to Pinatubo are not cheap at $120,-- (PHP6000) for 3 person, and I was the only one in town looking for the tour.
Nevertheless I decided to have the tour indeed, and enjoy as much as possible! An enormous amount of money to local standards and normally not really my style, but anyway, I had a fantastic day on a rough, but magnificent place on earth! It was worth every peso!
Bonobo2005's Related Pages
Santa Juliana Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Santa Juliana
- 17 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Santa Juliana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Juliana
Photos in Santa JulianaSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Serooskerke (Walcheren) Intro, 181 reviews, 223 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 85 reviews, 90 photos
- Zinder Intro, 42 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Timia Intro, 37 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 36 reviews, 38 photos
- Burma Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Santa Juliana Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore 1 review, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue