"...A trip to the Mt. Pinatubo Crater" Santa Juliana by Bonobo2005

Santa Juliana Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 36 photos

PAGE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

... some moderate volcano trekking is always high on my wish list when I'm off for holiday.

On a flight, I saw an article in the inflight magazine about the trek up to Mt Pinatubo Crater, probably hoping to boost their bookings on their direct flights from S'pore to Clark Airport, North of Manila.

Well....., they earned at least one!!

I stayed in nearby Angeles City, an unattactve big town nearby the base of Pinatubu, but not one that attracts Pinatubu hikers. If you search hard, there are few travel agents doing local tours but they cater mostly to the Caucasian / bargirl couples looking for an easy pastime during the day. And the Pinatubo 9 hours tour including 4 hour mountain hike, does not really fit into this.

Tours from Angeles City

Organised tours to Pinatubo are not cheap at $120,-- (PHP6000) for 3 person, and I was the only one in town looking for the tour.

Nevertheless I decided to have the tour indeed, and enjoy as much as possible! An enormous amount of money to local standards and normally not really my style, but anyway, I had a fantastic day on a rough, but magnificent place on earth! It was worth every peso!

Check out my tips and travelogues!

• Last visit to Santa Juliana: Oct 2006
  • Intro Updated Dec 22, 2006

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2007 at 9:54 AM

Great Mt Pinatubo page! I may be going to Manila in Nov 2007 and may go to Mt Pinatubo, is the day trip expensive?

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2007 at 8:35 AM

Hoi Pieter, ik kom even kijken hoe het met je gaat in Azië. Nice trip to the Pinatubo Crater ! The colours of the opening picture are really stunning!

• penumbra's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2006 at 6:36 PM

So how did it turn out? Did the embassy staff make it back to their 4x4?

Badges & Stats in Santa Juliana

Have you been to Santa Juliana?

Photos in Santa Juliana