"Flores, another beautiful Indonesia" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Flores by Bonobo2005
Pulau Flores Travel Guide: 96 reviews and 225 photos
Besides the rewarding trip to the 3 coloured lakes of Kelimutu, I visited Ende, Riung, Bajawa and Lubuanbajo. I spend 18 days on this roundtrip, which is really not enough to get everything out of it but still good enough to experience and see some of the best Flores has to offer!
For travelling on Flores it's not good to be in a hurry. The island and it's people reveal itself slowly as you crawl from one place to another, get used to the laidback lifestyle and the relatively low level of development.
On Flores, you'll not easily find aircon express buses, American breakfasts, internet or ATM's.
Travelling independently on Flores involves most of the time ending up eating meals in a local "rumah makan", participating in these gruelling long but rarely boring busrides and staying in basic homestays.
However, don't be discouraged. Flores IS stunningly beautiful, the villages with their ancient traditions ARE unbelievable and the daily life and customs that you can observe so closely and can take part in so easily IS astonishing!
From Labuanbajo you can easily arrange daytrips to Rinca or even Komodo to do a hike and see the the Komodo... more travel advice
The nicest thing to do, in my opinion, is to hike along the small trail around the brown and turqoise lake and enjoy the... more travel advice
Bonobo2005's Related Pages
Pulau Flores Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Flores, another beautiful Indonesia"
- "Exploring Flores: More Than Just Komodo Dragon"
- "FLORES, KOMODO & KELIMUTU NATIoNAL PARKS"
- "Komodo Dragon"
- "Wonderful Flores"
- "Flores Island"
- "FLORES INDONESIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Flores
- Hotels in Pulau Flores
- Transportation in Pulau Flores
- Restaurants in Pulau Flores
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Flores
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Flores
- 13 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Pulau Flores?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Flores
Photos in Pulau FloresSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Serooskerke (Walcheren) Intro, 181 reviews, 223 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 85 reviews, 90 photos
- Zinder Intro, 42 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Timia Intro, 37 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 36 reviews, 38 photos
- Burma Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Santa Juliana Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore 1 review, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue