"THE BEST SINGLE TEMPLE RUIN EXPERIENCE" Phumi Boeng Mealea by Bonobo2005

Phumi Boeng Mealea Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 108 photos

After I consumed my 3 day Pass to the Angkor sites around Siem Riep, my moto driver suggested to take me to the more remote 12th century Beng Mealea, about 80 km away from town.

It turned out to be ultimately rewarding and not to exclude in your itinerary if you like exploring temple ruins covered in jungle still unspoilt by either restoration works or tourism. Actually Beng Mealea became the best experience of my trip to Siem Riep! Finally I could follow in the foot steps of Lara Croft!

• Last visit to Phumi Boeng Mealea: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Aug 31, 2006

• mikkie50's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2007 at 5:33 AM

hiya bo nobo :-)) great tips n pics here WE will be out there in two Weeks :-)))) cant wait to seet his temple thnks for tip on the snakes & spiders :-) mick

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2007 at 5:37 AM

Spectacular photos of the temple Pieter!! I love exploring OTBP places like this, especially with just the sounds of the jungle as music. Great pics of the neighbourhood creatures - and I thought the spiders in Papua New Guinea looked bad!!

• staindesign's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2006 at 6:49 AM

very interesting place, I am sure that it was too dark to take pictures inside. I bet it was wonderful the interior. I hate extra big bugs too!!! Scary!

• qiuxy's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2006 at 2:33 AM

Woops! It's quite helpful tips though a bit scary pic. any other beautiful pics I can expect ? *****?

Badges & Stats in Phumi Boeng Mealea

Have you been to Phumi Boeng Mealea?

Latest Activity in Phumi Boeng Mealea