"A mysterious, charming country called Togo" Top 5 Page for this destination Togo by Bonobo2005

Togo Travel Guide: 418 reviews and 1,566 photos

During the short week I spent in Togo, I didn't really manage to understand the many mysteries of life and the secrets of society here.

What I saw and experienced was a beautiful country with its own identity, and- especially in the north - great people, that unfortunately have to suffer from an incompetent dictatorship.

My Itinerary

I crossed the Ghanaian border in the hills near Kpalimé and spent a long weekend in Lomé, during which I visited the local markets and beaches.

Then I travelled up north, stopping only in Kara, before heading towards the Togo/Benin border at Nadoba Village, situated in the Tamberma Valley, which is famous for it's fortress-like architecture!

After an unexpected partynight in Nadoba, I crossed the border to Boukoumbe (Benin).

• Last visit to Togo: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Nov 20, 2003

• birchy99's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Enjoyed your excusion very much. Certainly seems a more friendly place than the US State Department advises. Thanks for the great tour. Mart

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2007 at 2:51 AM

Great information and photos of Togo, thanks for sharing :)

• Kate-Me's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2007 at 3:17 AM

Thanks a lot, this is a real help for my research on Togo. _ Kate from downunder.

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2007 at 4:49 PM

I have always love your work you capture the real feeling of the people culture and place in your words and photos

• titti's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2006 at 8:49 AM

Actually, I'm going to follow yours here, in Togo. Leaving in a few days. Well, hope to meet you somewhere... sometime... Ciao! BTW: enjoy Yunnan!

• ajayzener's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2006 at 11:23 PM

Nice snaps, leaves me with a feeling of nostalgia...great work..

• triplehelix's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2006 at 8:08 PM

you have odd taste in travel. i like it! seems like an interesting country. do you travel independantly?

• Norali's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2005 at 8:38 AM

I've seen this photo so many times rotating and on cover page, itlooked like a painting. So it went for the Sky Burial picture. They were from a reflex and probably non-digital camera, no ? Anyway, they are impressive.

• travel-bugg's Profile Photo