"A mysterious, charming country called Togo" Top 5 Page for this destination Togo by Bonobo2005
Togo Travel Guide: 418 reviews and 1,566 photos
During the short week I spent in Togo, I didn't really manage to understand the many mysteries of life and the secrets of society here.
What I saw and experienced was a beautiful country with its own identity, and- especially in the north - great people, that unfortunately have to suffer from an incompetent dictatorship.
I crossed the Ghanaian border in the hills near Kpalimé and spent a long weekend in Lomé, during which I visited the local markets and beaches.
Then I travelled up north, stopping only in Kara, before heading towards the Togo/Benin border at Nadoba Village, situated in the Tamberma Valley, which is famous for it's fortress-like architecture!
After an unexpected partynight in Nadoba, I crossed the border to Boukoumbe (Benin).
The cross border road from Nadoba to Boukoumbé (Benin) is about 10 km. long (2 hrs. walk) and passes through very... more travel advice
The colourful Wednesday market in Nadoba is a regional highlight and supplied me the nicest day of my stay in Togo.... more travel advice
Bonobo2005's Related Pages
Togo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A mysterious, charming country called Togo"
- "Under construction"
- "Friendly Togo"
- "ITS A TOGO PARTY !"
- "10 Days in Togo"
- "Togo - A beautiful coastline"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Togo
- Hotels in Togo
- Transportation in Togo
- Nightlife in Togo
- Restaurants in Togo
- Shopping in Togo
- Warnings and Dangers in Togo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Togo
- 20 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Togo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Togo
- Posted in Travel Cape Verde Forum "Re: Holiday middle march 2011"
- Wrote a Review Crossing the Benin border (Nadoba to Boukoumbé) in Togo Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Crossing the Benin border (Nadoba to Boukoumbé)"
- updated a Togo Travel Page "A mysterious, charming country called Togo"
- Commented on one of kucha's Togo travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Serooskerke (Walcheren) Intro, 181 reviews, 223 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 85 reviews, 90 photos
- Zinder Intro, 42 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Timia Intro, 37 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 36 reviews, 38 photos
- Burma Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Santa Juliana Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore 1 review, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue