I have not been able to write up new tips for several years now. But I sometimes read my email, if you have any special questions regarding the destinations I've been, pls let me know!
april 2009 till juli 2010
Saying goodbye to Asia was not easy, and so decided to see some more, before heading back to Europe.
...during the almost 4 months on the road, the main destinations were:
* India: Calcutta, Varanasi, Kajuraho, Orchha (THE pleasant discovery), Agra and Delhi;
* Nepal: Kathmandu, Langtang, Annapurna Circuit and Bandipur;
* China: Hong Kong, Xingping (Dali region), Zhangjiajie NP, Luoyang and Beijing;
* Mongolia: Ulan Baatar, Trek to Blue Lake in Tsetserleg area 12 days, 2 week jeep trip through the Wild East;
* Trans Mongolia Express to Moscow;
* Latvia: a week driving around in rental car;
Back in Europe, it was heart of summer and a good time to hang out in Zurich, Switserland, in order to find a new employer and settle a bit. It was a great time for outdoor activities, I enjoyed several breathtaking hiking trips in the Alps (f.e. in Tessin and Binntal), as well as canoing, skating and cycling outings, and visits to France, Germany and Holland. By November however, I signed up with a Dutch employer and moved to Amsterdam, where I live now and have no plans to move any soon!!