Seattle Sports & Outdoors Tips by davequ Top 5 Page for this destination
Seattle Sports & Outdoors: 70 reviews and 80 photos
Football left, baseball right, from Edgewater
I hated the Kingdome (artificial turf, too small, old & noisy) and don't miss it at all.
Seattle blew up the Kingdome
Kingdome implosion pix and Videos
and they have built 2 state-of-the-art stadiums practically right next to each other in lower downtown / Pioneer square and waterfront area.
Both are classy and nice looking.
With Seattle traffic though, I am curious what it is like in mid September on days when the both the Seahawks and the Mariners have home games.
Does this happen? If it does can anybody get in or out of downtown?
Equipment: Safeco Field on the right in foto
Qwest Field on the left in foto
Address: Alaskan Way by the water
Directions: Safeco Field for the Mariners baseball is on the right; off Alaskan Way;
Qwest Field for Seahawks football is on the left with the white arches, best accessed from Pioneer Square
Theme: Sports Watching
If you go out on a small boat, go with someone who knows what they're doin'..... when / if the wind & waves come up & the water gets a little choppy it will possibly freak out any landlubbers (like me) among you.
But man is it beautiful.
Took this on a sunny mid-morning from my hotel room window. A small vessel slowly motoring without sail west across Elliott Bay toward Puget Sound with the Olympic mountain range in the deep background.
More Reviews (59)
- See All A Juke Joint under the viaduct
- See All Great location Belltown Apt Downtown
- See All Good tasting Chowder by South Lake Union
- See All Seattle Aquarium
- See All Don't Drive Alone During Rush Hour
- See All Drive up to Snoqualmie Falls
davequ's Related Pages
Seattle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The famous Space Needle in Seattle"
- ") @ L was great!"
- "Emerald City of the Northwest"
- "It's not always raining in Seattle"
- "Never Sip-less in Seattle"
- "A Great Place to Live"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seattle
- Hotels in Seattle
- Transportation in Seattle
- Nightlife in Seattle
- Restaurants in Seattle
- Shopping in Seattle
- Warnings and Dangers in Seattle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seattle
- 61 Reviews
- 99 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Seattle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seattle
Photos in SeattleSee All Photos (99)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 132 reviews, 384 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 63 reviews, 234 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 86 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 57 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 61 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laguna Beach Intro, 61 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 50 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oakland Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riomaggiore Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.
- Space Needle- 88 Reviews, 153 Photos
- Pike Place Market- 146 Reviews, 220 Photos
- Pioneer Square- 60 Reviews, 90 Photos
- Downtown Seattle- 45 Reviews, 77 Photos
- Experience Music Project - EMP- 45 Reviews, 66 Photos
- Ballard Locks- 24 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Fremont District- 14 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Museum Of Flight- 24 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Aquarium- 26 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Boeing Factory- 13 Reviews, 20 Photos
See All Seattle Things to Do