"Seattle" Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle by davequ

Seattle Travel Guide: 3,142 reviews and 7,631 photos

A True American Original

I've been visiting, working and vacationing here for over 15 years, and to me Seattle is a jewel - definitely in my top-ten.

I'm a frequent business / holiday tourist, so unfortunately I doubt there will be much if any unique "insider" info, just some of my favorite things to do when I'm in town.( I miss arasnosliw's pages - they had style)

I really like Seattle & the Pacific Northwest, so though I share mostly tourist info, it definitely comes from the heart with a positive perspective.

I think Seattle is one of the few original & great American cities.

Puget Afternoon Sun

<----- Another jaw-dropping view of Elliott Bay & Puget Sound in the afternoon
as the sun shoots rays down through the clouds.

Seattle, especially Elliott Bay when the light is just right, can sometimes be so beautiful it will stop you awestruck right in your tracks.
.......................

Some days I sit & look out the window as I run conference calls from my hotel room, and it can get so beautiful in the late afternoon that one time in mid-sentence I just stopped talking and kind of drifted into a brief trance, watching the sun rays sparkle off the water.

After a long pregnant pause of heavy dead air, everyone on the call started laughing & teasing me as I faded back to reality and apologized for my little Cheech & Chong moment.

Tour d'Seattle------------->

Paris has Tour Eiffel;
San Francisco has Transamerica & Coit;
while Seattle skyline is always associated with and practically dominated by the Space Needle.

The team of dreamers, architects and engineers that came up with this for the fair in 1962 imho really nailed it.

605-foot tall Space Needle completed December 1961, officially opened on the first day of the World's Fair, April 21, 1962.

• Pros:Night vista from inbound ferries; good food & music; Seattle's refreshing beauty & Northwest personality; coloured martinis @ Edgewater SixSeven
  • Cons:Sometimes it drizzles; mucho traffic; the PNW still being terraformed by seismic activity & volcanoes
  • In a nutshell:One the most beautiful cities in North America
  • Last visit to Seattle: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Dec 23, 2008

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2008 at 4:43 PM

thanks for the quick tour. A Seattle woman is here for a few months..thought I'd check out her home town.

• SteveOSF's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2008 at 11:47 AM

Great overview of Seattle. Nice tips and pictures. Your tips should prove useful when I visit next month.

• Aug 21, 2007 at 7:42 PM

Brilliant... I love it! Casual, but VERY romantic!!

• Jul 29, 2005 at 12:24 PM

I love your writing, very hilarious! And I just noticed your mention of my page. Thank you. I'm having some spam salmon for dinner tonight. Mmm mmm good.

• Jul 5, 2005 at 1:01 PM

Dave, I am a journalist would like to use your photo of Seattle's post alley for an article I am writing on alleys for ArchitectureWeek.com, an online publication. Please let me know if I can use the photo and how I should credit you. Thanks. L. Baker

• KieronP's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2005 at 9:46 AM

Great page. I can't wait to visit Seattle, I have wanted to go since I was a young Alice in Chains fan!

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2005 at 12:44 PM

Great page on Seattle, one city I have always wanted to visit... great tips. Love the city skyline pic!!

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2005 at 10:59 AM

An excellent page, thanks for reminding me why I love it here : ) Super nightlife tips - I just saw the Paul DeLay Band at Jazz Alley - what a FUN time. I'm impressed you found Salumi and The Pink Door, too!

• royalempress's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2005 at 4:02 PM

Hey, I'm glad you liked the Edge Water. The location and view is great. Next time you are in Seattle try the Wild Ginger restaurant one of the top Asian restaurants on the West Coast. Mike

davequ

“♫♫ ... "What this world needs is a good $2 room and a good $2 broom" ... ♫♫ © Don Van Vliet”

Badges & Stats in Seattle

Have you been to Seattle?

Latest Activity in Seattle