"Seattle" Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle by davequ
Seattle Travel Guide: 3,172 reviews and 7,787 photos
I've been visiting, working and vacationing here for over 15 years, and to me Seattle is a jewel - definitely in my top-ten.
I'm a frequent business / holiday tourist, so unfortunately I doubt there will be much if any unique "insider" info, just some of my favorite things to do when I'm in town.( I miss arasnosliw's pages - they had style)
I really like Seattle & the Pacific Northwest, so though I share mostly tourist info, it definitely comes from the heart with a positive perspective.
I think Seattle is one of the few original & great American cities.
<----- Another jaw-dropping view of Elliott Bay & Puget Sound in the afternoon
as the sun shoots rays down through the clouds.
Seattle, especially Elliott Bay when the light is just right, can sometimes be so beautiful it will stop you awestruck right in your tracks.
Some days I sit & look out the window as I run conference calls from my hotel room, and it can get so beautiful in the late afternoon that one time in mid-sentence I just stopped talking and kind of drifted into a brief trance, watching the sun rays sparkle off the water.
After a long pregnant pause of heavy dead air, everyone on the call started laughing & teasing me as I faded back to reality and apologized for my little Cheech & Chong moment.
Paris has Tour Eiffel;
San Francisco has Transamerica & Coit;
while Seattle skyline is always associated with and practically dominated by the Space Needle.
The team of dreamers, architects and engineers that came up with this for the fair in 1962 imho really nailed it.
605-foot tall Space Needle completed December 1961, officially opened on the first day of the World's Fair, April 21, 1962.
- Pros:Night vista from inbound ferries; good food & music; Seattle's refreshing beauty & Northwest personality; coloured martinis @ Edgewater SixSeven
- Cons:Sometimes it drizzles; mucho traffic; the PNW still being terraformed by seismic activity & volcanoes
- In a nutshell:One the most beautiful cities in North America
Highway 99 Blues Club has it all - location, atmosphere, good live music, a stageside dancefloor, good drinks, decent... more travel advice
Have stopped for chowder here a bunch of times and never remember to tip it. South Lake Union is a cool neighborhood.... more travel advice
- See All Seattle Aquarium
- See All Don't Drive Alone During Rush Hour
- See All Drive up to Snoqualmie Falls
- Pacific Place and Westlake Center
- See All Seattle's Finest
davequ's Related Pages
Seattle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The famous Space Needle in Seattle"
- ") @ L was great!"
- "Emerald City of the Northwest"
- "It's not always raining in Seattle"
- "Never Sip-less in Seattle"
- "A Great Place to Live"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seattle
- Hotels in Seattle
- Transportation in Seattle
- Nightlife in Seattle
- Restaurants in Seattle
- Shopping in Seattle
- Warnings and Dangers in Seattle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seattle
- 61 Reviews
- 99 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Seattle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seattle
Photos in SeattleSee All Photos (99)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 132 reviews, 384 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 63 reviews, 234 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 86 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 57 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 61 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laguna Beach Intro, 61 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 50 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oakland Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riomaggiore Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.