Laguna Beach Nightlife Tips by davequ Top 5 Page for this destination
Laguna Beach Nightlife: 13 reviews and 9 photos
Diane Armitage doin' what she does best
Amazing up-to-date insider tips from what appears to be a hip local lady.
She's on Facebook
She can yelp
- she blogs for the Examiner.
- she tweets
has a WEBSITE
AND finally her BOOK has been released for 2013!
Don't bother wasting a lot of time reading all my old out-dated outsider tips.
She's the real deal.
Best (and most current -2013) food and bev / nightlife tips for Laguna Beach I've found so far
from a LOCAL.
Viva Diane Armitage! Do what SHE tells you to do.
Theme: Eating and Drinking
oh fu#$* - my Laguna beach goddess - Diane Armitage has just recently posted
that Mosun is now closed as of August 2011.
- Boom Boom Room and now this - maybe I will just kill myself.
(I can hear the cheers now) - Old tip below:
Mosun has excellent sushi & drinks.
Club M upstairs has the young and the beautiful, with DJs spinning all different types of music and believe it or not, go-go girls.
Dress Code: Dress up.
Address: 680 South Coast Highway
Directions: On PCH just a little downhill (north) from Cleo street on the right (east) side of PCH.
Theme: Eating and Drinking
Sometimes referred to as the "dirty bird" (you'll understand once you've been there)
The Sandpiper is a casual local place with live music, but some nights lots of tourists/out-of-towners as well.
Can be dead or busy, just depends on what's happening at the time.
The staff/crew are friendly. Large quantities of alcohol are regularly consumed on the premises - live music and dancing.
Here's their myspace page:
Dress Code: Very very casual.
Address: 1183 S Coast Hwy
Directions: Water side of PCH between Brooks and Oak
Been around 'forever' -
Depends on who you talk to:
Some hate it and call it a meat market, but it has remained popular over the years.
Lately it's claim to fame appears to be Taco Tuesday
Their website (lately) doesn't tell you s#t
Address: 340 S Coast Hwy
"Mistress Flava" live at the Boom Boom
It appears the Boom has become yet another victim of Laguna Beach gentrification.
After 60+ years of history, the scuttlebutt is that the whole building has been sold to be replaced by yet another (allegedly) boutique hotel.
Here is a FILM about it
The Boom Boom room was an historic place for both straights and gays to celebrate Laguna nightlife. It will be missed. Too bad for Laguna Beach, and too bad for you and me.
Original tip below - RIP BOOM BOOM ROOM
If the Whitehouse (see tip below) is just a little too tame for you, try this place.
Boom Boom Room is a very lively gay/drag hotspot.
Fun, definitely not boring.
Weekly wednesday night feature [http://www.boomboomroom.com/wednesday.htm]Dreamgirls is (or at least was) a friggin' riot and starts around 10PM.
Here is a piece on the Death of Gay Nightlife in Laguna Beach.
Dress Code: Anything goes (or should I say, "went")
Address: 1401 South Coast Highway
Directions: A little south of downtown on PCH. Look for Mountain St. it is right on the corner. Entrance / door cover is on Mountain, a main exit door from the bar is on PCH/Mountain St. corner.
Phone: 1-800-653-2697 or 949-494-7588
More Reviews (56)
- See All Cleanest beaches in the USA?!
- See All Watch out for sliding houses
- See All Heisler Park looking North
- See All Beach Kiss
- See All Boogie boardin' @ magic hour
- See All One of the best views in Laguna Beach
davequ's Related Pages
Laguna Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Davequ's Laguna Pages"
- "Laguna Beach"
- "My Hometown"
- "Environmentally Conscious Orange County City"
- "Open Laguna"
- "Artsy Fartsy"
- "Laguna Beach is one of the best"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Laguna Beach
- Hotels in Laguna Beach
- Transportation in Laguna Beach
- Nightlife in Laguna Beach
- Restaurants in Laguna Beach
- Shopping in Laguna Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Laguna Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Laguna Beach
- 61 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Laguna Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laguna Beach
Photos in Laguna BeachSee All Photos (85)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 132 reviews, 384 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 63 reviews, 234 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 86 reviews, 190 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 57 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 61 reviews, 108 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laguna Beach Intro, 61 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 50 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oakland Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riomaggiore Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.
- Sunset and Dusk at the beach- 6 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Heisler Park- 3 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Brown's Park- 1 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Rose Garden Bluff- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Laguna Beach Galleries- 1 Reviews, 5 Photos
- The Festival of Arts -- Pageant of the Masters- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Sawdust Festival- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Laguna Playhouse- 2 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Laguna Art Museum- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- The Laguna Beach Historical Society Murphy-Smith Historical Bungalow- 1 Reviews, 0 Photos