Laguna Beach Things to Do Tips by davequ Top 5 Page for this destination
Laguna Beach Things to Do: 35 reviews and 65 photos
Laguna Beach Sunset from Beach House Deck
Why is Laguna Beach worth taking the time to write VT pages about?
In a nutshell, walking the beach and the glorious sunsets.
Here is a quick low-resolution sunset shot from a cheap cr@ppy digital camera.
No camera can completely diminish the beauty of a Laguna Beach sunset.
Wanna' see some amazing Laguna Beach sunsets taken with a good camera?
SUNSETS in LAGUNA BEACH
My heroin(e) - Dianne Armitage
Directions: Check this website for the current time of sunset:
Laguna Beach Current Weather Forcast
Looking north from the pagoda / whatever at the south end of Heisler Park that is across Cliff Rd from Las Brisas.
Directions: Heisler Park, Cliff Rd and PCH above the beach.
What else...? Walk along the beautiful beaches and coves.
Walking the beach, checking out the tidepools, sitting out on the rocks in the surf.
For me the weekdays are best and recommended to avoid the crowds.
Don't miss sunsets from the beach, one of the best things about Laguna.
a std laguna sunset shot from Inn @ Laguna Beach
Scenic overlook, park, monument.
Photo ops, lots of weddings here. A decent place to walk the park, cliffs, and catch the sunset.
Directions: Just off the coast highway on Cliff Rd. a little north/nw of 133 intersection. Heading North on PCH, at top of the hill past Inn @ Laguna Beach, hang a left on Cliff Rd. Or better, walk north along main beach and climb the steps up to the park.
A wave is breaking below the Sleepy Hollow Ln. steps that lead down from the Beach House restaurant to the water.
Directions: Walk out of Beach House restaurant (turn left) walk up to the sidewalk, turn left again and walk down to the steps... here is what you see.. .
Welcome to Laguna Beach.
As you come to the end of #133 at PCH (Pacific Coast Highway #101), here is what you see at the red light: the lifeguard "shack" on main beach.
Address: #133 and PCH
coves below Heisler Park cliffs Dec 04
Heisler park and the coves/cliffs as you look South into Laguna Beach
Address: Cliff Road off PCH
Directions: To get to this spot, goto North end of the park on cliff road and climb down to the north cove stairs
Worth getting up early for
Even if you are a late-person / nightowl like me, set the alarm early one morning and walk the beach a little after sunrise when it is nearly deserted and the light has barely come up.
Again, Catalina Island can be seen 26 miles out on the horizon (if you squint).
A local bird "piping" the sand and tidepools for food as he/she dodges the incoming waves....
More Reviews (51)
- See All Expert insider Laguna tips
- See All Cleanest beaches in the USA?!
- See All Watch out for sliding houses
- See All Beach Kiss
- See All Boogie boardin' @ magic hour
- See All One of the best views in Laguna Beach
davequ's Related Pages
Laguna Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Davequ's Laguna Pages"
- "Laguna Beach"
- "My Hometown"
- "Environmentally Conscious Orange County City"
- "Open Laguna"
- "Artsy Fartsy"
- "Laguna Beach is one of the best"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Laguna Beach
- Hotels in Laguna Beach
- Transportation in Laguna Beach
- Nightlife in Laguna Beach
- Restaurants in Laguna Beach
- Shopping in Laguna Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Laguna Beach
- See All...
Explore the World
- Obrero Hotels
- Siem Reap
- Eastbourne Hotels
- Richmond Park Hotels
- Wildcat Mountain State Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Laguna Beach
- 61 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Laguna Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laguna Beach
Photos in Laguna BeachSee All Photos (84)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 132 reviews, 383 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 63 reviews, 234 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 86 reviews, 190 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 57 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 61 reviews, 108 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laguna Beach Intro, 61 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 50 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oakland Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riomaggiore Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.
Latest Laguna Beach hotel reviews
- Montage Resort And Spa
- 536 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Laguna Shores Condos
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 23, 2013
- Surf And Sand Hotel
- 521 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Laguna Reef Inn
- 143 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- The Tides Inn - Laguna Beach
- 208 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Pacific Edge Hotel
- 510 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Laguna Beach Motor Inn
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 14, 2013
- Inn at Laguna Beach
- 304 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Seacliff Motel
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 11, 2013
- Crescent Bay Inn
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 12, 2013
- Holiday Inn Laguna Beach
- 225 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Laguna Riviera Resort On The Beach
- 212 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Coast Inn
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 28, 2007
- Capri Laguna Inn On The Beach
- 162 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Aliso Creek Inn
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 13, 2013
- Sunset and Dusk at the beach- 6 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Heisler Park- 3 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Rose Garden Bluff- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Brown's Park- 1 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Laguna Playhouse- 2 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Sawdust Festival- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Laguna Beach Galleries- 1 Reviews, 5 Photos
- The Festival of Arts -- Pageant of the Masters- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Laguna Art Museum- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- The Laguna Beach Historical Society Murphy-Smith Historical Bungalow- 1 Reviews, 0 Photos