Laguna Beach Favorite Tips by davequ Top 5 Page for this destination
Laguna Beach Favorites: 13 reviews and 11 photos
a good place for my ashes
Favorite thing: Here's a site so you can always see what's up on the beach. (daylight only) click below:
Laguna Beach WebCam
keep refreshing the cam (F5), it updates and changes location constantly.
Favorite thing: After reading a sad article this morning about how polluted a lot of America's beaches have become,
I was pleased to at least see that Laguna Beach had some of the cleanest beaches in the country. Reference was this article here culled from a 2009 report by the Natural Resources Defense Council.
Without too much dry boring info (read the report) most of the cooties come from control or more likely LACK of control of rain runoff that scoops up sewage (yum!) and other disgusting goodies from land and deposits them in the sand we all like to play in.
At any rate, if you read the report, you find most of Laguna's beaches rating a "5" (best / cleanest possible rating) with only the main right outside the Hotel Laguna getting a "4" (still excelllent).
No, I don't work for the Laguna COC, but I was very happy to read that nowadays you can still do whatever it is you like to do in the sand of Laguna's beaches, coves and tidepools without having to sweat what is happening to your health.
As long as I'm prostituting myself, just for grins here is a video from the Laguna Beach Chamber of Commerce here
Favorite thing: Laguna Beach is a good place to get away from LA / Orange County/ Irvine hustle, especially during the weekdays before the weekend.
Nothing is more relaxing to me than walking barefoot on the beach,
sitting on the rocks out in the surf below the cliffs & watching the waves roll in,
or if you're lucky & the surf's up, watching the surfers glide in.
In the pic, just like in real life, if you squint you can just barely see Catalina island on the horizon.
Foto Sunday 11/14/04
Fondest memory: Decades ago as a kid I ran away from home with my special girlfriend and we stayed in Laguna Beach at the old Cliff Hotel above the beach for a couple of months.
Two different perspectives: then and now, but for me the overall feel of Laguna Beach has changed very little.
More Reviews (58)
- See All Expert insider Laguna tips
- See All Watch out for sliding houses
- See All Heisler Park looking North
- See All Beach Kiss
- See All Boogie boardin' @ magic hour
- See All One of the best views in Laguna Beach
davequ's Related Pages
Laguna Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Davequ's Laguna Pages"
- "Laguna Beach"
- "My Hometown"
- "Environmentally Conscious Orange County City"
- "Open Laguna"
- "Artsy Fartsy"
- "Laguna Beach is one of the best"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Laguna Beach
- Hotels in Laguna Beach
- Transportation in Laguna Beach
- Nightlife in Laguna Beach
- Restaurants in Laguna Beach
- Shopping in Laguna Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Laguna Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Laguna Beach
- 61 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Laguna Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laguna Beach
Photos in Laguna BeachSee All Photos (85)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 132 reviews, 384 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 63 reviews, 234 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 86 reviews, 190 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 57 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 61 reviews, 108 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laguna Beach Intro, 61 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 50 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oakland Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riomaggiore Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.
- Sunset and Dusk at the beach- 6 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Heisler Park- 3 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Laguna Playhouse- 2 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Rose Garden Bluff- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Brown's Park- 1 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Laguna Beach Galleries- 1 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Laguna Art Museum- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Sawdust Festival- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- The Festival of Arts -- Pageant of the Masters- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- The Laguna Beach Historical Society Murphy-Smith Historical Bungalow- 1 Reviews, 0 Photos