"Davequ's Laguna Pages" Top 5 Page for this destination Laguna Beach by davequ
Laguna Beach Travel Guide: 206 reviews and 384 photos
My impressions of Laguna Beach are as diverse as its history.
- if you care ... here's some good ~Laguna music
Originated around 1900 as an artist colony,
my first encounter with Laguna Beach was in the 60s.
In mid-sixties it was perceived by people from Colorado / elsewhere as an artist, surfing, and "hippie-acid" enclave. .
I ran away and spent a few months living there.
(see Nick Schou's book "Orange Sunshine")
Occasionally a few people turn up their noses whenever Laguna is mentioned
and the worn out smear - "yuppie" - pops out -
(? ... You be the judge)
I recently got a chance to visit old haunts,
and I personally enjoyed my time in Laguna Beach very much.
Like all places, Laguna Beach has it's mostly good & a few bad points,
but I always look forward to each visit,
if for nothing else than the natural beauty & nostalgia.
I apologize, but most of my "to do" tips revolve around simply walking and enjoying the beach....
I can't seem to make myself do much of anything else whenever I'm there....
- Pros:Walking the "Laguna-unique" cliffs & beaches, sunsets, vistas, good restaurants, hotels and clubs
- Cons:Gentrified, expensive, crowded at times (especially during weekend art festivals)
- In a nutshell:Take it for what it is and enjoy it. I think Laguna Beach is beautiful.
Amazing up-to-date insider tips from what appears to be a hip local lady. She's on Facebook She can yelp - she blogs... more travel advice
Looking north from the pagoda / whatever at the south end of Heisler Park that is across Cliff Rd from Las Brisas. more travel advice
- See All Cleanest beaches in the USA?!
- See All Boogie boardin' @ magic hour
- See All One of the best views in Laguna Beach
- See All Get Married
davequ's Related Pages
Laguna Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Davequ's Laguna Pages"
- "Laguna Beach"
- "My Hometown"
- "Environmentally Conscious Orange County City"
- "Open Laguna"
- "Artsy Fartsy"
- "Laguna Beach is one of the best"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Laguna Beach
- Hotels in Laguna Beach
- Transportation in Laguna Beach
- Nightlife in Laguna Beach
- Restaurants in Laguna Beach
- Shopping in Laguna Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Laguna Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Laguna Beach
- 61 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Laguna Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laguna Beach
Photos in Laguna BeachSee All Photos (85)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 132 reviews, 384 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 63 reviews, 234 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 86 reviews, 190 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 57 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 61 reviews, 108 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laguna Beach Intro, 61 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 50 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oakland Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riomaggiore Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.