"Davequ's Laguna Pages" Top 5 Page for this destination Laguna Beach by davequ

Laguna Beach Travel Guide: 205 reviews and 383 photos

Then and Now: Laguna Beach is still beautiful

My impressions of Laguna Beach are as diverse as its history.
- if you care ... here's some good ~Laguna music

Originated around 1900 as an artist colony,

my first encounter with Laguna Beach was in the 60s.

In mid-sixties it was perceived by people from Colorado / elsewhere as an artist, surfing, and "hippie-acid" enclave. .

I ran away and spent a few months living there.
(see Nick Schou's book "Orange Sunshine")

Occasionally a few people turn up their noses whenever Laguna is mentioned
and the worn out smear - "yuppie" - pops out -
(? ... You be the judge)

✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈

I recently got a chance to visit old haunts,
and I personally enjoyed my time in Laguna Beach very much.

Like all places, Laguna Beach has it's mostly good & a few bad points,
but I always look forward to each visit,
if for nothing else than the natural beauty & nostalgia.

I apologize, but most of my "to do" tips revolve around simply walking and enjoying the beach....
I can't seem to make myself do much of anything else whenever I'm there....

• Pros:Walking the "Laguna-unique" cliffs & beaches, sunsets, vistas, good restaurants, hotels and clubs
  • Cons:Gentrified, expensive, crowded at times (especially during weekend art festivals)
  • In a nutshell:Take it for what it is and enjoy it. I think Laguna Beach is beautiful.
  • Last visit to Laguna Beach: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 2, 2013

• davequ's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Actually I talked to Seven4One's new owner (Dan) and it seems like they're really into making it a quality experience. I miss Eiler's too, (especially it's affordability) but to each his own (y/n)?

• Oct 9, 2008 at 1:41 PM

I see Eiler's Inn turned into a modernistic, pricey place. It doesn't look like somewhere I'd like to stay. I loved Eiler's Inn and Linda and Chaz. They were very warm people. This place is too futuristic, cold and doesn't belong in Laguna Beach.

• Apr 6, 2007 at 1:34 PM

We love going to the Royal Hawaiian! Friendly service - OK food and decent Tiki drinks.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2007 at 4:33 AM

Laguna beach is a lovely area. Thanks for sharing all the excellent info and photos

• icunme's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2006 at 11:16 AM

Outstanding pages on Laguna Beach - enough to make me homesick for CA - will return again. Ciao, Carol

• pigletsmom's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2005 at 9:15 PM

Lovely page on Laguna Beach. Very nice.

• vacationDude's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2005 at 7:40 PM

dave: thanx for all the info. i will be in laguna this april and will use a lot of your information.

• belgianchocolate's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2005 at 8:53 PM

I would love to be in a place like this right now...sun , beach , great sunsets and restaurants...just dreaming a bit in cold cold Belgium.

• Dec 25, 2004 at 1:08 AM

Would run away from home too to spot such gorgeous sunsets at the beach!! Great Photographic scenerys and page Dave!! Happy Holidays:-)

• cazz38's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2004 at 1:26 PM

Seafood and a glass of wine watching the sunset,sounds like heaven to me,your pictures are stunning.

davequ Used To Live Here!

davequ

“♫♫ ... "What this world needs is a good $2 room and a good $2 broom" ... ♫♫ © Don Van Vliet”

Badges & Stats in Laguna Beach

Have you been to Laguna Beach?

Latest Activity in Laguna Beach