"Brentwood and a small taste of LA" Brentwood by davequ

Brentwood Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 15 photos

Welcome to Brentwood ?

Note:
This page is in the wrong location.

This page is about the Brentwood off the 405 near Beverly Hills, not the other Brentwood.
I built it in the wrong place, & I'm just too lazy to move it.

A couple tips on Brentwood and West LA

I don't have time or enough pictures for a decent LA / Hollywood page here.
All I want to do is share a few places, humorous Brentwood "haunts," and a couple places I like in LA area:

I lived in SoCal in early to mid 50s when the light was without so much pollution, and you still could still drive from San Diego to Santa Monica to Beverly Hills and drive through orchards and open spaces.

But that's a memory.

People love to bash LA these days for traffic/smog,plastic, etc. but like all places, it has its good points too.

I still travel to LA regularly for business, so .... if you go, maybe you'll enjoy some of these tips:

Based out of Brentwood, some of these are actually about places close by: Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Venice, etc..

Have a laugh

• Pros:The warm California sun (smog be damned); upscale living
  • Cons:Traffic on the 405 ...
  • In a nutshell:Peppone for Italian, Marilyn's for a walk, etc.
  • Last visit to Brentwood: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 13, 2005

• Callavetta's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2005 at 4:40 PM

Ah, this page is so "Dave". :-) How ironic that the two Brentwoods are so different. The other one doesn't even have a Starbucks! But it does have some mighty good fruit stands.

• pigletsmom's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2004 at 12:31 AM

Very interesting tips that would make a trip to LA very unque.

• evona's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2004 at 11:29 AM

Nice page, nice pix, great tips :)

• vesna04's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2003 at 2:29 AM

I will take my sport shoes so I cn run away fast if I decide to visit Brentwood. You didn't mention that in your packing list tip :)

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2003 at 2:00 PM

Far, far more interesting than its UK namesake. We have Frank Bruno, you have OJ - that about sums it up. Very comprehensive and useful tips here - it's nice to see.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2003 at 12:43 AM

I am not sure, if I would like to go visit Brentwood - but I absolutely enjoyed my virtual visit! You are an excellent tourguide!!! ;-)

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2003 at 10:57 AM

I used to have relatives that lived in Brentwood. I felt out of place here. I'm just a country bumpkin!! It was cool to cruise around though. I didn't run into OJ..

• Haali's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2003 at 1:23 AM

Nice Start!

• blaird's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2003 at 11:21 AM

Great info on Norma Jean, new info to me!

davequ

“♫♫ ... "What this world needs is a good $2 room and a good $2 broom" ... ♫♫ © Don Van Vliet”

Badges & Stats in Brentwood

Have you been to Brentwood?

Latest Activity in Brentwood