"I hope there's not a vaccine for the travel bug." Tellme's Profile

Back in the land of the living

G'day, I'm an Aussie who has returned home after being on the road for quite some time. 2 yrs ago I was living in Chino, Nagano-ken, Japan where I was teaching English. This was my second stint in Japan where I previously lived in Utsunomiya for 1 year and almost 2 1/2 years in the wilderness of Hokkaido (Kushiro to be precise).

Before Japan I was doing the London working holiday thing for 18mths and a long, long time ago when I was in High School I did an exchange for a year to Huskvarna, Sweden (home of Husqvarna sewing machines and motor bikes).

So as a teenager I caught the travel bug and am having a bit of trouble trying to shake it. (Not that I'm trying very hard though).
In between stays in Japan I decided it was time to see Canada. I started off in May 2003 and bicycled 4000km from Vancouver to Thunder Bay where my knees decided to pack it in. So then I flew to Carleton Place just outside of Ottawa to visit a friend.

I popped over the border to NYC for a quick 10days and then flew back west to Whistler BC for the ski season. Great place - highly recommend it! Seeing as I was in the vicinity of baseball legend Ichiro Suzuki I thought I'd pop over the border to Seattle and take in a game. Those guys at the border are really suspicious of everyone these days - for about 20mins I thought they weren't going to let me in. Fortunately the power of Ichiro was too great to resist.

So I've been home 2 yrs now, and since I've been back I've still managed to go on a cruise to Tonga, Fiji and New Zealand, spend a month in China, a week at the beach in Malaysia and Xmas on Norfolk Island with the family. Now if I can only scrounge enough money up to get myself to a decent snowfield somewhere I wouldn't be happier.

Terry T - Registered Nurse

I have now finished my Bachelor of Nursing degree!!! I've been at my new job in Haematology at RBWH for a couple of months now. Returned from a cycling holiday to Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia over New Year holidays. Trying to find the time to get more photos and stories up here.
Hope to meet you out on the road.

• Intro Updated May 26, 2008

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Tellme's Profile Photo

Tellme

“You're only put on this earth once so see the most of it!”

Ranked Member