"Kennedy Space Center/Cape Canaveral" Cape Canaveral by tony248
Cape Canaveral Travel Guide: 171 reviews and 474 photos
At our latest visit (11Feb04), we found that NASA has really increased security at the Visitors Center and rerouted one of the roads to the Center. State Route 3 has been rerouted to further restrict access to important areas. Even some of the areas once accessible in the Visitors Center have been blocked off. The added security is not a hinder to the experience and if you plan ahead on what you really want to take with you, you will not have any trouble. You should also be aware that maps do not show the road changes or the blocked off areas. The Gate Guards are understanding about the lack of accurate driving directions and will help you find your way. It seems the government prefers to leave maps blank or inaccurate than give details on some of its security measures. A little strange in light of the fact that the entire world knows where KSC is. You can get the information on security restrictions / requirements at KSC's Security page
The trip of a life time for me. We took the "Then & Now" tour from the KSC Visitors Center. The "Then" part of the tour took us to the "old" launch complexes at Cape Canaveral. I have learned that Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral are not the same thing. The Cape is owned and operated by the U.S. Air Force and KSC by NASA. The United States space program started at Cape Canaveral. Bumper-8 (pictured here) was our first successful 2 stage rocket. Notice where the men are standing and the "high tech" wood and tar-paper launch control center.
Visitor information for Kennedy Space Center is on the web at the KSC Visitors page.
- Pros:A must see when in Florida
- Cons:difficult to get good pictures from the tour bus
Remember, bags will be checked. Some bags like back packs are not allowed at all. If possible, use a small camera bag or... more travel advice
The best place to see and take pictures of the VAB, crawlerway, Shuttle launch pads, the general area around the pads... more travel advice
tony248's Related Pages
Cape Canaveral Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "P O R T Canaveral... I want PORT Canaveral"
- "Our First Cruise"
- "Cape Canaveral & the Space Coast"
- "Cape Canaveral - The Gateway to Space"
- "Cape Canveral"
- "Space Travel Or Bust (!) - CAPE CANAVERAL"
- "Kennedy Space Center/Cape Canaveral"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cape Canaveral
- Hotels in Cape Canaveral
- Transportation in Cape Canaveral
- Nightlife in Cape Canaveral
- Restaurants in Cape Canaveral
- Shopping in Cape Canaveral
- Warnings and Dangers in Cape Canaveral
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cape Canaveral
- 12 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Cape Canaveral?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cape Canaveral
Photos in Cape CanaveralSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Daytona Beach Intro, 6 reviews, 44 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paducah Intro, 4 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cape Canaveral Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mobile Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Augustine Intro, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Randleman Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mammoth Cave National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Natural Bridge State Park Intro, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Louis Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pensacola Intro, 2 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Cape Canaveral hotel reviews
- Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort
- 456 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Residence Inn By Marriott Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
- 283 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Cape Winds Resort
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Radisson Resort at the Port
- 541 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Royal Mansions Resort
- 104 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Dolphin Iv
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Apr 27, 2010
- Canaveral Towers Condominiums
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 30, 2013
- Jetty Park Campground
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 10, 2013