"Page Az...where cowboys & Indians play the day." Top 5 Page for this destination Page by Grazina
Page Travel Guide: 256 reviews and 724 photos
This magazine is an eye opener to the GREAT SOUTHWEST. Anybody who is interested in traveling to Arizona this is the magazine...a great research material for young & old. Well known photgraphers frm the area make a living on having a good eye on formation, color, and the right setting of the sun. My cousin "LeRoy DeJolie" is one of these great photographers, his website.... www.dejolie.com ...
If interested in this magazine...
Toll free: 1-800-543-5432
address: P.O. Box 6018 * Phoenix, AZ 85005-9916
Going back to the 1950's. Not much was going on in this corner of the Southwest. The Navajo people who occupied the area felt the place was bewitched, and they referred to it as "the place where the trees died of fear." In 1957, that all changed. The Bureau of Reclamation chose the 700-foot high sandstone walls below the seemingly barren mesa as the site where they would construct the Glen Canyon Dam of the Colorado River. The mesa was known as "Manson Mesa." and trailers and Quonest huts were hauled into house the many workers needed to complete the 7-year project. the camp was called "Camp Page" in honor of former Bureau Commissioner John C. Page. Soon the "camp" part was dropped, and the town simply became known as Page. That is when the treees started to grow on this MESA...I guess the "white man needed his greenery".
So much to see and do in Page/Wahweap/Lake Powell/Antelope Canyons/Antelope point Marina.
- Pros:The hub of the Grand circle. (Base camp).
- Cons:These days it has been getting HOTTER AND HOTTER!
- In a nutshell:Just come anyways we have the 2nd largest manmade lake for your enjoyment.
- See All May of the Grand Circle
- See All Don't mention the word BOMB.
- See All The Making of a Park
- See All REZ ball is what we call it.
- See All Soar above Page/LakePowell
Grazina's Related Pages
Page Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Page Az...where cowboys & Indians play the day."
- "Newest Town in the US"
- "Welcome to my Page-page"
- "Page...A Beautiful Venue"
- "An itty-bitty page about Page"
- "A page on Page - What's that?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Page
- Hotels in Page
- Transportation in Page
- Nightlife in Page
- Restaurants in Page
- Shopping in Page
- Warnings and Dangers in Page
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Page
- 87 Reviews
- 158 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 54 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Page?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Page
- updated a Page Travel Page "Page Az...where cowboys & Indians play the day."
- Commented on one of jumpingnorman's Page travel pages
- Posted in Travel Ljubljana Forum "Re: Sightseeing"
- Wrote a Review Sounds super I think you will enjoy in Page Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sounds super I think you will enjoy"
Photos in PageSee All Photos (158)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Page Intro, 87 reviews, 158 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lithuania Intro, 29 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vilnius Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 6 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 5 reviews, 50 photos, 6 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 2 reviews, 36 photos, 5 travelogues
- Novi Sad Intro, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arad Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues