"Page Az...where cowboys & Indians play the day." Top 5 Page for this destination Page by Grazina

Page Travel Guide: 248 reviews and 692 photos

Welcome into the land of Vere'
The Arizona Highways

This magazine is an eye opener to the GREAT SOUTHWEST. Anybody who is interested in traveling to Arizona this is the magazine...a great research material for young & old. Well known photgraphers frm the area make a living on having a good eye on formation, color, and the right setting of the sun. My cousin "LeRoy DeJolie" is one of these great photographers, his website.... www.dejolie.com ...

If interested in this magazine...
Call: 1-602-712-2000
Toll free: 1-800-543-5432
e-mail: arizonahighways.com
address: P.O. Box 6018 * Phoenix, AZ 85005-9916

Page City Map )...

Going back to the 1950's. Not much was going on in this corner of the Southwest. The Navajo people who occupied the area felt the place was bewitched, and they referred to it as "the place where the trees died of fear." In 1957, that all changed. The Bureau of Reclamation chose the 700-foot high sandstone walls below the seemingly barren mesa as the site where they would construct the Glen Canyon Dam of the Colorado River. The mesa was known as "Manson Mesa." and trailers and Quonest huts were hauled into house the many workers needed to complete the 7-year project. the camp was called "Camp Page" in honor of former Bureau Commissioner John C. Page. Soon the "camp" part was dropped, and the town simply became known as Page. That is when the treees started to grow on this MESA...I guess the "white man needed his greenery".

So much to see and do in Page/Wahweap/Lake Powell/Antelope Canyons/Antelope point Marina.

• Pros:The hub of the Grand circle. (Base camp).
  • Cons:These days it has been getting HOTTER AND HOTTER!
  • In a nutshell:Just come anyways we have the 2nd largest manmade lake for your enjoyment.
  • Last visit to Page: Jan 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 18, 2005

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2009 at 12:40 PM

I am coming to the area in September and appreciate the tips and pictures. My favorite country is Italy, so can I have that T-shirt you have on?

• MATIM's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2009 at 7:56 AM

wonderful page, very good info thank you!

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2008 at 4:58 PM

yum... i love navajo bread... hope to get to taste it another time. greetings from sunny switzerland

• allieoh's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2007 at 10:13 AM

Your pages are awesome, so full of great information, especially good for a learning Navajo as myself. I'm already planning my next trip to AZ.

• n8iv1981's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2007 at 4:07 PM

Just want to inform those interested in the Annual Event at Navajo will be the 1st weekend of August. Hope to see you there. The more , the Merrier! Don't forget your shade(umbrella, hat, canopy, etc.) , cuz you will need it!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2007 at 8:41 AM

Fantastic photographs of Antelope Canyon! At first I thought you worked for National Geographic magazine. Haha, I am not surprised you love your job at so beautiful place! Damn... I skipped it :-( Hooghans and Hopi dwellings + Horseshoe Bend look great!

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2006 at 7:11 AM

Really enjoyed this Page page especially the hogan and hooghans. Only managed a very brief overnight stop last April, should have spent a bit longer. Tx

• Grazina's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2006 at 6:05 PM

From the gound first, then assemble in the air. It's not so bad to drive over it, the safest bridge in the world I promise you you'll be find.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2006 at 5:59 PM

I'd love to tour the hogans with you and have you explain the markings to me as we go....but when we come to the highest steel bridge....I am definately NOT going across that one! How did they ever manage to build it !???

• Callavetta's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2006 at 9:49 AM

What a great page on Page! We'll be stopping by soon enroute to the Grand Canyon. Your tips are very useful!

Grazina Lives Here!

Grazina

“Over the river and through the woods across the canyon up the mountain past the switchbacks..what a journey I've been on”

Badges & Stats in Page