""The Beauty of FlORA & fauna"" Fairbanks by Grazina
Fairbanks Travel Guide: 315 reviews and 496 photos
First I would like to descibe where Vere' Chee lives. For 31years of my life I grew up in the Southwest part of the USA...Arizona to be exact. And if anyone of you traveler has come to this part ot the world you'll know what I mean when I say about Alaska, "Green trees and Plants and things".
Everywhere I turned green flowers and green trees and yes even green and somewhat purple cabbage, this area even makes the cabbages look BEAUTIFUL, so beautiful I had to share this picture with you. Then I eat later.
A story my mother shared with me about flower center piece on the dinning room table. Long long ago back in 1868 a group of Navajo delegates were to travel to Washington DC to sign a peace treaty with the United State. But because at the time Navajos didn't have table etiquette, a man was brought in to teach these Navajo delegates what utensils to use and what food dish will come out first and how to eat. He said salad will be the first meal...so Navajo delegates said what is salad (our main diet is mutton or lamb, and corn)? So someone said it's grass (This is what Navajos to this day call salad), so the time has come and they were in Washington in the White house and the main dinning room. A waiter place a beautiful flower center piece on the table, the Navajos then started to take the flowers apart and pass it around thus finishing the center piece to the stems. When the waiter return with their salad bowls, he questioned the Navajos "Where is the center piece i have placed here"?
Hope you enjoyed that story because it was base on a true story.
- Pros:The 3.50 hour trip was worth it.
- Cons:Drive the right speed limit or you'll get a ticket and that's not to the policemans ball.
- In a nutshell:The more we drove into Alaska (Interior), the more I was feeling like I was home.
We rented a car to take us around the city and into the country of this vast land. As we got off the airplane and into... more travel advice
On our drive to Fairbanks, there are lakes galore, and they are very beautiful scenery so much that sometime traveler... more travel advice
Grazina's Related Pages
Fairbanks Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fairbanks: The Golden Heart of Alaska"
- "Fairbanks - The Golden Heart of Alaska"
- "Studying @ UAF - University of Alaska Fairbanks"
- "Fairbanks, April 2004"
- "Golden Heart City"
- "Cabin Life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fairbanks
- Hotels in Fairbanks
- Transportation in Fairbanks
- Nightlife in Fairbanks
- Restaurants in Fairbanks
- Shopping in Fairbanks
- Warnings and Dangers in Fairbanks
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fairbanks
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Fairbanks?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fairbanks
Photos in FairbanksSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Page Intro, 87 reviews, 158 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lithuania Intro, 29 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vilnius Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 6 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 5 reviews, 50 photos, 6 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 2 reviews, 36 photos, 5 travelogues
- Novi Sad Intro, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arad Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues