""The Beauty of FlORA & fauna"" Fairbanks by Grazina

Fairbanks Travel Guide: 315 reviews and 496 photos

Beauty is all around me.

First I would like to descibe where Vere' Chee lives. For 31years of my life I grew up in the Southwest part of the USA...Arizona to be exact. And if anyone of you traveler has come to this part ot the world you'll know what I mean when I say about Alaska, "Green trees and Plants and things".
Everywhere I turned green flowers and green trees and yes even green and somewhat purple cabbage, this area even makes the cabbages look BEAUTIFUL, so beautiful I had to share this picture with you. Then I eat later.
A story my mother shared with me about flower center piece on the dinning room table. Long long ago back in 1868 a group of Navajo delegates were to travel to Washington DC to sign a peace treaty with the United State. But because at the time Navajos didn't have table etiquette, a man was brought in to teach these Navajo delegates what utensils to use and what food dish will come out first and how to eat. He said salad will be the first meal...so Navajo delegates said what is salad (our main diet is mutton or lamb, and corn)? So someone said it's grass (This is what Navajos to this day call salad), so the time has come and they were in Washington in the White house and the main dinning room. A waiter place a beautiful flower center piece on the table, the Navajos then started to take the flowers apart and pass it around thus finishing the center piece to the stems. When the waiter return with their salad bowls, he questioned the Navajos "Where is the center piece i have placed here"?
Hope you enjoyed that story because it was base on a true story.

• Pros:The 3.50 hour trip was worth it.
  • Cons:Drive the right speed limit or you'll get a ticket and that's not to the policemans ball.
  • In a nutshell:The more we drove into Alaska (Interior), the more I was feeling like I was home.
  • Last visit to Fairbanks: Jul 2001
  • Intro Updated Jan 21, 2003

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2003 at 7:38 PM

Vere, this is one of my favorite states and like reading what others think of it. You have shown a better understanding of this wonderful place better than most. Thanks for your insight.

• Mandy23's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2003 at 8:35 AM

Interesting page! Maybe I can go there one day.

• manuelEB's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2003 at 8:05 PM

Keep adding...It's delightful reading.

• kaloz's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2003 at 7:40 PM

Good packing tips, some people don't know that Alaska is a State. (haha)

• zentrinko's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2003 at 7:07 PM

Very different the vistas of AK and AZ, yet both beautiful in their own way...very nice to see you begin your page building at VT with such interesting info

• Julie&'s Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2003 at 5:06 AM

Great start to your site Vere'. Love your pics and that true story. :-)

Grazina

“Over the river and through the woods across the canyon up the mountain past the switchbacks..what a journey I've been on”

Badges & Stats in Fairbanks

Have you been to Fairbanks?

Latest Activity in Fairbanks