"ANASAZI (Old ones or Ancient ones)" Arizona by Grazina
Arizona Travel Guide: 10,506 reviews and 28,566 photos
Ancestral Puebloans Dwelling. Wupatki is one of the largest Indian ruins in northern Arizona, containing an amphitheater.
About a 45 minute drive on the north side of Flagstaff is this old Anasazi dwelling about 1500 year old. My mother said she doesn't know why these people build in this area, there is no water or animal life to keep the dweller feed.
HC 33, Box 444A, Flagstaff, AZ 86004, (928) 679-2365
The neat part about Arizona is that anywhere you go in this whole State your always going to found something interesting. On our way home from Meteor Crater about 1.50 hrs going east of Flagstaff, we took a short cut on the back roads (that mean dirt roads), I saw this little patch of rock and it look interesting enough to get out of the pickup truck to take a look, to my surprise it was Petrify Wood (that means wood turn to ROCK), this place is not Petrify Forest, but a lonely place out in the middle of the Navajo Reservation. I found out later that this place was like a harden forest before people started taking piece by piece almost all of these beautiful "rock logs" home and sticking it in there front yard or lawn.
This interesting looking thing pertruding out of the ground is possibly an dinosuar egg that may be millions of years old...but who knows for sure. It's interesting all the same.
- Pros:The beauty of Arizona, please take pictures.
- Cons:And nothing else but pictures you take.
- In a nutshell:You see what happen to this Petrify forest...no longer a forest.
Arizona for sure is the place to be if you like take outdoor natural pictures...all so view of what it looks like in my... more travel advice
Grazina's Related Pages
Arizona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful, Historic Arizona"
- "WALK IN BEAUTY"
- "Jumping Around Our Very Own State - ARIZONA!"
- "Arizona, breathtaking scenery"
- "Jumping Thelma and Louise in Arizona!!!"
- "Raising Arizona to New Heights"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arizona
- Hotels in Arizona
- Transportation in Arizona
- Nightlife in Arizona
- Restaurants in Arizona
- Shopping in Arizona
- Warnings and Dangers in Arizona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arizona
- 97 Reviews
- 226 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Arizona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arizona
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Page Intro, 87 reviews, 158 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lithuania Intro, 29 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vilnius Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 6 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 5 reviews, 50 photos, 6 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 2 reviews, 36 photos, 5 travelogues
- Novi Sad Intro, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arad Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues