"The HEART of Europe "Lithuania"" Lithuania by Grazina
Lithuania Travel Guide: 5,249 reviews and 12,057 photos
WOW!!! What a place...it's for sure everything I thought it would be.
Through out history Lithuania verbal folklore, music & dance have under gone evolution with the passage of time. As late as the beginning of the 20th century, all these expression still have important hold in present culture. They fulfilled important functions in everyday life, work and amusement. As a result, the originality and variety of Lithuania verbal folk arts is quite astonistion. Ever though Lithuania is a small country the heart of her is right in the people "The Lithuanian Heart" is what makes Lithuania "LITHUANIA".
The History of the independence of Lithuania (Lietuva)...On March 11th of 1990 Lithuania declared her independence and left the Soviet Union following a referendum on Octoter 25th 1992, the new constitution came into force, making Lithuania a parliamentary democracy. Lithuania's Head of State is a President who is elected directly every five years.
She is the Heart fo Europe...if you want to say you have seen the very heart of Europe, you will go to Lithuania, because that is where the geographical centre of the continent lies. Marked "EUROPOS CENTRAS", the precise location in the village of Bernotai, 15 miles North of the Capital Vilnius was pin pointed in 1989 by Frenc Scientists after a fresh survey taking extremely accurate measurements. So Lithuania can rightly claim to be the "HEART OF EUROPE"
Hey I'm here, and it's cold, green, sunny, peaceful, and BEAUTIFUL
2. Siauliai (The Hill of Crosses)
3. Joniskis - Grazina Bendikaite's Native city.
4. Kursenai - To Grazina's gramdmothers little house
5. Salantai - Orvydo Sculpture garden.
6. Valanciaus House - The father's house.
7. Palanga - First Sunset to the Baltic Sea on the Pier.
8. Klaipeda - To Grazina's aunt's home for the night then to cross over to the Island.
10. Juodkrante and the picnic on the coast of the Baltic Sea.
11. Silute - Now over to Irma's grandmother's house (which is along side the road across from the train station and my first Cepelinas (Lithuanian meal).
12.Panemune - By the River of Nemunas bank.
13. Kaunas - Stayed at Grazina's friend house for the night with her two cute kids and beautiful daughter.
14. Rumsiskes - Out door museum
15. Vilnius - for the next 3 day to scope out the old town, parks, people and churches.
16. Trakai - Castle about 15 mile north of Vilnius, Tartar.
- Pros:Rich Lithuanian Culture & Heritage
- Cons:I noticed NONE
- In a nutshell:She is as B.E.A.U.tiful as all her names "Lithuania", "Lietuva", "Lietuvos Respublika"
- See All September 2007
- See All Top dogs in Europe
- See All Be in a good mood and don't be loud...
Grazina's Related Pages
Lithuania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Republic of Lithuania"
- "Country of diversities - Lithuania"
- "The HEART of Europe "Lithuania""
- "Lithuania - Little Amber in My Hand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lithuania
- Hotels in Lithuania
- Transportation in Lithuania
- Nightlife in Lithuania
- Restaurants in Lithuania
- Shopping in Lithuania
- Warnings and Dangers in Lithuania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lithuania
- 69 Reviews
- 263 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Lithuania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lithuania
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Page Intro, 87 reviews, 158 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lithuania Intro, 29 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vilnius Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 6 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 5 reviews, 50 photos, 6 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 2 reviews, 36 photos, 5 travelogues
- Novi Sad Intro, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arad Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues