"Find and you shall seek." allouc's Profile
I count myself as one of the fortunate people of this earth to have seen a fair number of different places. Not all of the following places have been my choice to visit, but even the most forsaken places have held a reward in the shape of a memory.
I will try to make a list of the things that have stuck in my mind from different places or that have impressed me and present it here. I am sure from the outset this will never be a complete list but I will try to give you a piece of my mind.
How can I not start with the fairest island of them all. It's not the sun and sand I care for, nor the mild climate. It's just the place I call home and the living that is sweet.
Growing up I was very interested in Ancient Greek history. Themistocles, Leonidas, Kimon were my heroes for daring to stand up for Greek values against the barbarian Persians.
My trips to what we still refer to as Persia was enlightening to say the list. Iran is different from most other countries and its culture is certainly wonderful and interesting. People are warm and probably some of the friendliest people to foreigners.
Politics aside, Iran is a worthy candidate for an axis of culture.
I have to admit there is something magical about this country. It is a lovely beautiful country with rich history and an endless variety of landscapes. It is also a land of huge differences ranging from the Palestinian refugee camps to the glitzy reconstructed Beirut Central District.
What always stays with me from this country are the ancient cedar tree groves and the majestic sunset vistas from Faraya Mzaar.
There is a mystical bond that ties Greeks not living in Greece with that land. An appreciation and love not usually found with the people having to confront daily life's problems in the country. We see the hospitable and beautiful land of philosophers, heroes, artists and gentle common folk instead of one full of petty politicians and crooks.
Don't ask me which is my favorite country to visit.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- South Africa
- Richards Bay
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Laudium Hotels
- Southern Thailand
- Cocoa Beach
- Spanish Harbor Keys Hotels
- Serra de Arrábida
- Placencia Village
- City Island Hotels
- Candijay Hotels
- Juja Hotels
- Galafura Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 62 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 13 Countries
- 15 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Commented on allouc's profile page
- allouc and mostafamehr are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Best Meze Restaurant in Nicosia in Nicosia Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Best Meze Restaurant in Nicosia"
- Posted in Travel Cyprus Forum "Re: Transfer from Larnaca Airport..."
- created a Sri Lanka Travel Page "Sri Lanka - The Indian Ocean's Emerald Island"
updated their Profile Page "Find and you shall seek."
Top 10 Pages
- Esfahan Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Shiraz Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Tehran Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Nicosia Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Lebanon Mountains Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Mauritius Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Famagusta Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Prefecture of Laconia Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agios Nikolaos 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos