"Find and you shall seek." allouc's Profile
I count myself as one of the fortunate people of this earth to have seen a fair number of different places. Not all of the following places have been my choice to visit, but even the most forsaken places have held a reward in the shape of a memory.
I will try to make a list of the things that have stuck in my mind from different places or that have impressed me and present it here. I am sure from the outset this will never be a complete list but I will try to give you a piece of my mind.
How can I not start with the fairest island of them all. It's not the sun and sand I care for, nor the mild climate. It's just the place I call home and the living that is sweet.
Growing up I was very interested in Ancient Greek history. Themistocles, Leonidas, Kimon were my heroes for daring to stand up for Greek values against the barbarian Persians.
My trips to what we still refer to as Persia was enlightening to say the list. Iran is different from most other countries and its culture is certainly wonderful and interesting. People are warm and probably some of the friendliest people to foreigners.
Politics aside, Iran is a worthy candidate for an axis of culture.
I have to admit there is something magical about this country. It is a lovely beautiful country with rich history and an endless variety of landscapes. It is also a land of huge differences ranging from the Palestinian refugee camps to the glitzy reconstructed Beirut Central District.
What always stays with me from this country are the ancient cedar tree groves and the majestic sunset vistas from Faraya Mzaar.
There is a mystical bond that ties Greeks not living in Greece with that land. An appreciation and love not usually found with the people having to confront daily life's problems in the country. We see the hospitable and beautiful land of philosophers, heroes, artists and gentle common folk instead of one full of petty politicians and crooks.
Don't ask me which is my favorite country to visit.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Rockhampton Hotels
- El Jem Hotels
- Saint Peter Port
- Phnom Penh
- Conil de la Frontera
- Klein Curaçao Hotels
- Isla de Janitzio
- Charlotte Amalie
- Santiago de los Caballeros
- Lapu-Lapu City Hotels
- Tel Mond
- Pancharevo Hotels
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Diamond Head State Monument Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 62 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 13 Countries
- 15 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Commented on allouc's profile page
- allouc and mostafamehr are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Best Meze Restaurant in Nicosia in Nicosia Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Best Meze Restaurant in Nicosia"
- Posted in Travel Cyprus Forum "Re: Transfer from Larnaca Airport..."
- created a Sri Lanka Travel Page "Sri Lanka - The Indian Ocean's Emerald Island"
updated their Profile Page "Find and you shall seek."
Top 10 Pages
- Esfahan Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Shiraz Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Tehran Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Nicosia Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Lebanon Mountains Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Mauritius Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Prefecture of Laconia Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Famagusta Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agios Nikolaos 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22165 Reviews - 53882 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15523 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23062 Reviews - 47262 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4464 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7633 Reviews - 19478 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos