"Find and you shall seek." allouc's Profile

World trek.

I count myself as one of the fortunate people of this earth to have seen a fair number of different places. Not all of the following places have been my choice to visit, but even the most forsaken places have held a reward in the shape of a memory.
I will try to make a list of the things that have stuck in my mind from different places or that have impressed me and present it here. I am sure from the outset this will never be a complete list but I will try to give you a piece of my mind.

Cyprus

How can I not start with the fairest island of them all. It's not the sun and sand I care for, nor the mild climate. It's just the place I call home and the living that is sweet.

Iran

Growing up I was very interested in Ancient Greek history. Themistocles, Leonidas, Kimon were my heroes for daring to stand up for Greek values against the barbarian Persians.
My trips to what we still refer to as Persia was enlightening to say the list. Iran is different from most other countries and its culture is certainly wonderful and interesting. People are warm and probably some of the friendliest people to foreigners.
Politics aside, Iran is a worthy candidate for an axis of culture.

Lebanon

I have to admit there is something magical about this country. It is a lovely beautiful country with rich history and an endless variety of landscapes. It is also a land of huge differences ranging from the Palestinian refugee camps to the glitzy reconstructed Beirut Central District.
What always stays with me from this country are the ancient cedar tree groves and the majestic sunset vistas from Faraya Mzaar.

Greece

There is a mystical bond that ties Greeks not living in Greece with that land. An appreciation and love not usually found with the people having to confront daily life's problems in the country. We see the hospitable and beautiful land of philosophers, heroes, artists and gentle common folk instead of one full of petty politicians and crooks.
Don't ask me which is my favorite country to visit.

• Intro Updated Jun 25, 2008

Personal Pages (1)

• kahnjetta's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Happy Birthday, have a great day:)

• CEP1863's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Alex, I hope that you have a very happy birthday and a year filled with plenty of exciting travel!

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2014 at 5:23 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• Usctwin's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Hope you have a great birthday, Alex!

• a2lopes's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2009 at 6:54 AM

Happy birthday and many happy returns of the day. Greetings from Lisbon which is waiting for your visit next May for the Euromeeting. It will be nice with people from all over.

• PALS's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2008 at 5:59 PM

Allouc, thanks for the friendship notice. I hope someday to update my vt page. I hope you like the poem. thanks for the visit. Fred

• Yiannis2000's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2008 at 10:41 AM

Nice homepage. KALH LAMPRH!!!

• Feb 22, 2008 at 11:18 PM

teyxaristo gia tis eyxes, kai esy nai eisai kala kai eyxomai oles oi allages stin Kypro na einai gia to kalo olon :) ax eixes kai esy genethlia, esto kai ligo kathisterimena "polyxronos me ygeia kai epityxies!"

• mexicruiser's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2008 at 7:13 PM

Hi Alex, many thanks for your Birthday wishes!

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2008 at 2:19 PM

Happy Birthday from sunny California!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
allouc's Profile Photo

allouc

“What's important in your life?”

Real Name