Cancún Things to Do Tips by Etoile2B Top 5 Page for this destination
Cancún Things to Do: 441 reviews and 598 photos
We went on an organized, all-inclusive day trip to Isla Mujeres. It's a quick and easy ferry ride over to the island. There are shops and restaurants downtown, and several tour companies own land and have mini resorts. It's beautiful and relaxing. Go shopping, snorkeling, or just hang back and take a nap in a hammock by the ocean. Isla Mujeres is a beautiful day trip. In fact, I want to go back, we didn't have enough time to do it all. You can choose from taking a day trip with a tour company like we did, because all your activities, food and drinks are included. Or you can opt to catch a ferry from one of three places in the hotel zone for $15 US roundtrip and explore the island yourself. I think next time I would opt to stay on Isla Mujeres versus Cancun.
Address: The island seen directly off the coast of Cancun.
View from the Garrafon restaurant.
Many companies own little resort properties on Isla Mujeres and run ferries to and from Cancun to their respective resorts. We booked a day trip through Garrafon. You can book online, at any of the trip advisors in Cancun or at the departure point. They have a tiered pricing structure and we chose the top tier - the all inclusive. For $59 US this included our ferry to and from the Island, all meals and drinks (alcohol included) and all the optional activities at the resort (with a few exceptions like Scuba and the zip line). They also include an optional (complementary) shopping trip downtown. We spent the day snorkeling (although this is included be prepared to pay an extra reef tax), sleeping in the hammocks, eating, hiking, sunning... The snorkeling wasn't great but the resort is well-maintained and the staff, friendly. The guests range from singles to families. If we had been big drinkers I think the all inclusive option would have better suited us, regardless we enjoyed our stay, although I wish I had opted to take the trip into downtown Isla Mujeres.
Directions: The ferry departs from the Hotel Zone at El Embarcadero Blvd. Kukulcan 4 km
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +52(998) 883-31-43
Beach at the Hotel Presidente
All of the spectacular white sand beaches in Cancun are public so feel free to explore. Cancun is so over-developed that you'll be hard pressed to find one that doesn't press up to a mega-resort, hotel or condo. In my opinion, the best beaches are up near the Hotel Presidente Intercontinential (Blvd. Kukulkan 7.5 km) where the sandbar extends out into the ocean and the waters are calm and warm. We found several starfish washing up near our hotel. The sand is so white and the water is so clear that the shades of blue in the water are unreal. Pictures don't do justice to the beauty of the waters in Cancun.
More Reviews (35)
- See All Intercontinental Brunch
- See All Taxis take tourists for a ride
- See All Rent a Waverunner
- Pack Light
- Relax in Paradise
- Harmless Chatter
Etoile2B's Related Pages
Cancún Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paradise in the Carribean"
- "Spring Break 24/7/365"
- "Cancun Condo"
- "Cancun, Mexico"
- "CANCUN ---PARADISE IN MEXICO"
- "Cancun, Mexico"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cancún
- Hotels in Cancún
- Transportation in Cancún
- Nightlife in Cancún
- Restaurants in Cancún
- Shopping in Cancún
- Warnings and Dangers in Cancún
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cancún
- 38 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Cancún?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cancún
- Posted in Travel Los Angeles Forum "Re: Staying in Eagle Rock"
- updated a Cancún Travel Page "Spring Break 24/7/365"
- Uploaded a Photo to "More Pictures from Cancun"
- Wrote a Review Intercontinental Brunch about Frutas y Flores in Cancún Restaurants
- Commented on one of brkilbourne's Cancún travel pages
Photos in CancúnSee All Photos (65)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 44 reviews, 139 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 28 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cancún Intro, 38 reviews, 68 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 53 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phnom Penh Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos
- Carate 8 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Napa Intro, 29 reviews, 13 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 23 reviews, 15 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (113)
- Isla Mujeres- 47 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Xcaret- 52 Reviews, 72 Photos
- Chichen Itza- 53 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Tulum- 39 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Xel-Ha- 24 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Swim with Dolphins- 25 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Beaches of Cancun- 19 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Downtown Cancun- 9 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Playa Del Carmen- 11 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Booze Cruise- 6 Reviews, 8 Photos
See All Cancún Things to Do