"Spring Break 24/7/365" Top 5 Page for this destination Cancún by Etoile2B
Cancún Travel Guide: 1,963 reviews and 3,972 photos
I have spent a long time dreaming of traveling in the Yucatan, especially visiting Cancun, so when my friend proposed taking a trip down there I was more than game. I have heard about the beauty of Cancun, but I was surprised by it. I would have to describe Cancun as Spring Break heaven – even when the college kids aren’t there. It’s a perpetual party spot. The resorts are large and plentiful – one right after the other all the way down the strip known as the “Hotel Zone”. The large hotels line the Caribbean side of the strip while the mega discotheques, restaurants and flea markets line the lagoon side. Cancun is positively American – even the downtown has somewhat of an American flare. If you’re looking to experience Mexican culture, Cancun is not the place to go (although you can find it somewhat downtown). Conversely if you’re looking for a resort / beach vacation or a party atmosphere you can’t go wrong here. But it is possible to get away from the Spring Break feel if you stick to the 5 star resorts and beaches. Cancun caters to tourists so your wallet will suffer, don’t expect any deals here. Overall, it's a fun and beautiful place to take a resort vacation - but if you're looking for a cultural experience you might want to look elsewhere.
When I left Chicago in August of 2004, I left behind some wonderful friends. My "girlies" and I would often have girls nights where we could gossip, eat and generally enjoy each others company. We had talked about the possibility of having an annual girls getaway weekend, but it wasn't until I left that the ball really got rolling on that idea. Kerry and I started talking back in August about getting away somewhere warm in the winter and the idea snowballed into a trip to Cancun. Thankfully our schedules worked, the hotel had room and my travel voucher on Delta just about covered my airfare! So welcome to the First Annual Girlies Getaway, no work, no commitments, no boys, No Problem!
- Pros:The most beautiful beaches and water & friendly, helpful locals.
- Cons:Too American, very expensive & too much of a party atmosphere.
- In a nutshell:Great for a beach or party vacation, not so much for a cultural experience.
Located inside the Hotel Presidente Intercontinental, Frutas y Flores serves breakfast seven days a week. The... more travel advice
Depending on how long you'll be traveling try to bring just enough to carry on the plane. But leave a little room in... more travel advice
- See All Taxis take tourists for a ride
- Relax in Paradise
- Harmless Chatter
- Overpriced knickknacks
- See All Ferries to the surrounding Islands
Etoile2B's Related Pages
Cancún Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paradise in the Carribean"
- "Spring Break 24/7/365"
- "Cancun Condo"
- "CANCUN ---PARADISE IN MEXICO"
- "Cancun, Mexico"
- "Cancun, Mexico"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cancún
- Hotels in Cancún
- Transportation in Cancún
- Nightlife in Cancún
- Restaurants in Cancún
- Shopping in Cancún
- Warnings and Dangers in Cancún
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cancún
- 38 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Cancún?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cancún
Photos in CancúnSee All Photos (65)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 44 reviews, 139 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 28 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cancún Intro, 38 reviews, 68 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 53 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phnom Penh Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos
- Carate 8 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Napa Intro, 29 reviews, 13 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 23 reviews, 15 photos