"Spring Break 24/7/365" Top 5 Page for this destination Cancún by Etoile2B

Cancún Travel Guide: 1,959 reviews and 3,926 photos

I have spent a long time dreaming of traveling in the Yucatan, especially visiting Cancun, so when my friend proposed taking a trip down there I was more than game. I have heard about the beauty of Cancun, but I was surprised by it. I would have to describe Cancun as Spring Break heaven – even when the college kids aren’t there. It’s a perpetual party spot. The resorts are large and plentiful – one right after the other all the way down the strip known as the “Hotel Zone”. The large hotels line the Caribbean side of the strip while the mega discotheques, restaurants and flea markets line the lagoon side. Cancun is positively American – even the downtown has somewhat of an American flare. If you’re looking to experience Mexican culture, Cancun is not the place to go (although you can find it somewhat downtown). Conversely if you’re looking for a resort / beach vacation or a party atmosphere you can’t go wrong here. But it is possible to get away from the Spring Break feel if you stick to the 5 star resorts and beaches. Cancun caters to tourists so your wallet will suffer, don’t expect any deals here. Overall, it's a fun and beautiful place to take a resort vacation - but if you're looking for a cultural experience you might want to look elsewhere.

Girlies Getaway 2005

When I left Chicago in August of 2004, I left behind some wonderful friends. My "girlies" and I would often have girls nights where we could gossip, eat and generally enjoy each others company. We had talked about the possibility of having an annual girls getaway weekend, but it wasn't until I left that the ball really got rolling on that idea. Kerry and I started talking back in August about getting away somewhere warm in the winter and the idea snowballed into a trip to Cancun. Thankfully our schedules worked, the hotel had room and my travel voucher on Delta just about covered my airfare! So welcome to the First Annual Girlies Getaway, no work, no commitments, no boys, No Problem!

• Pros:The most beautiful beaches and water & friendly, helpful locals.
  • Cons:Too American, very expensive & too much of a party atmosphere.
  • In a nutshell:Great for a beach or party vacation, not so much for a cultural experience.
  • Last visit to Cancún: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 15, 2007

• Nov 25, 2010 at 10:39 AM

what if i had ignored the police officer & drove away, when he asked me "how much you want to pay"

• Jan 16, 2008 at 4:13 AM

This is true! As we were driving to the airport, we were stopped by police. The police took my driver's license and told me that if I gave him $100, he would not give me a ticket. If I did not give him the money, he was going to keep my driver's license.

• VinTolucci's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2007 at 10:45 AM

Thanks for stopping by my pages and for the birthday greets, Lovely pictures you have here.

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2007 at 11:51 AM

Thanks for the birthday greeting. Love the the photo of your feet through that clear water!

• Bill_T's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2007 at 4:58 PM

Great travel info and just what I needed for my upcoming Cancun trip! Frommers better watch out, your work is far better written and much more fun to read than theirs. I will see what I can add in a few weeks. Thanks again!

• mazzap's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2007 at 4:57 PM

Some of the most useful tips I've read on VT yet! Great for my upcoming holiday to Cancun in April - thanks! Marion.

• Aug 27, 2006 at 11:36 AM

NEVER Take the cab awaiting on the Coco Bongo Side, those drivers are very abusive with tourists. Surprising enough taxis across the street are nicer and their fares are the correct one SO nEVER EVER TAKE taxis on the Coco Bongo Side Have fun in Cancun!

• SURFIN7TH's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2006 at 8:46 AM

Thanks for the great advice

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2006 at 1:06 PM

Great tips and photos! Birthday greetings from Alaska!

• Hermanater's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2006 at 12:15 PM

Happy Birthday....looks like you had a great time....party hard.

Etoile2B

“Fall in love with your life 'cause that truly is romance.”

Badges & Stats in Cancún