"Bienvenidos A Mexico!" Matamoros by Etoile2B

Matamoros Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 22 photos

Cast Schedule September 26 - 30, 1993

Sunday the 26th - The cast departs Kingsville and makes the trek across the border into Mexico. We're prepared that it might take time to get the buses and truck through customs, even though our visas are in order. The buses get through fine, but out truck gets caught at the border. The cast arrives in Matamoros and we're introduced to our host families and go home for our first night in Mexico.

Monday the 27th - Our host families drop us off at Teatre de la Reforma first thing in the morning so one crew can set up our stage while the community service crew has some free time to explore the city. On big problem... our truck is stuck at the border so we don't have a stage to set-up! Our rehearsals commence without it. We have a cast lunch at Bigo's. It's a Mexican buffet. That evening the cast participates in a parade from the new border to the Plaza. That evening a bunch of us meet up at a local nightclub, Blanca White's, to dance the night away!

Tuesday the 28th - Community Involvement Day at Playa Bagdad! The community service project is a beach clean-up. We have lunch at Pasaje's - flautas, tamales & enchilladas. Then our first official Mexican show that night - a private show at Teatre de la Reforma.

Wednesday the 29th - Small group discussions today regarding Mexican culture. That night we have our second show, this time at Auditorio Municipal. The crowd is electric - they treated us like rock stars! It gave us a taste of what was to come in Mexico.

Thursday the 30th - Cast B says good bye to Matamoros and departs for Ciudad Victoria.

Memories of Matamoros...

Cast B rolled into Matamoros on September 26, 1993. We crossed the border after leaving Kingsville excited about what the next part of our tour had in store for us. The majority of us didn't speak Spanish, and I found myself thinking in French, since it was the only other language I spoke at the time, because I desperately wanted to communicate with my host family. I was hosted by a woman and her mother - neither of whom spoke very much English so it made for a fun first night in Mexico! Thankfully our welcome pack includes some handy Spanish phrases... Our allocation packet also included a red bead to symbolize our journey into Mexico.

Host Code: Atole
Roommate: Valentine (Belgium)

• Last visit to Matamoros: Sep 1993
  • Intro Updated Feb 23, 2005

Comments

Etoile2B

“Fall in love with your life 'cause that truly is romance.”

Badges & Stats in Matamoros

Have you been to Matamoros?

Latest Activity in Matamoros