"HOME" New York City by Etoile2B

New York City Travel Guide: 15,734 reviews and 31,545 photos

Homesick In Los Angeles

I moved to New York City in May of 1997 and lived there until February of 2001. I miss it everyday. Eventually I hope to move back but for now life has taken me elsewhere. My first trip to NYC was in July of 1986 and I visited several times over the years before making it my home. I made the decision to move to New York on a whim and never once regretted it. Even though I didn't grow up there, I feel like it is my "home". It's the first place I've ever really been homesick for. Circumstances have brought me first to Chicago and now back to Los Angeles - but my heart belongs in the Big Apple. If you have questions or need advice just ask me. I am happy to share! In my humble opinion, it's the greatest city in the world.

The Up With People Journey Continues

Monday, December 20, 1993 - I say goodbye to my family and most of Cast B in Costa Mesa and take the early flight East. We have a layover in New York City. My Aunt picks me up at JFK and takes me to her apartment in Manhattan where we drink wine with her husband while the baby sleeps and talk about everything I've been through in the past 6 months. In the morning she drives me back to the airport and I depart to Brussels with the portion of my cast heading home for the break. I am so excited for my first trip to Europe!

• Pros:The diversity. The pace. The culture. The excitement.
  • Cons:It is expensive!!! And it's a monster of a city.
  • Last visit to New York City: Nov 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 23, 2007

Etoile2B Used To Live Here!

Etoile2B

“Fall in love with your life 'cause that truly is romance.”

Badges & Stats in New York City

Have you been to New York City?

Latest Activity in New York City