"Track town USA" Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene by caffeine_induced78
Eugene Travel Guide: 208 reviews and 272 photos
Home! This area runs in my veins, this is where my family lives and has lived for generations. Yes it rains, it makes it green, beautiful and it keeps most of the outsiders away.
It was behind that house when I was 4 or 5 when I would found some puddles in the mud. I didn't care that it was raining. I got muddy building rivers, canals, draining puddles and making new ones.
When I got back to the front door my mother would order me to the back patio. When I met her there she had a garden hose in hand and said "strip!"
I visited my family on this trip and my nephew who just turned two learned how to say "Uncle Bryant," on his second day. He knows already how to say "Fish on!"
I'm so proud, my nephew is going to grow up an Oregon boy!
- Pros:In Lane County you have everything - beaches, forests, glaciers, volcanoes, roaring rivers.
- Cons:too many outsiders whining about the rain
- In a nutshell:green, friendly and an outdoor junkies dream
This 140 ft. waterfall on the McKenzie River is about an 85 minute drive east from Eugene. Up towards the ridges of the... more travel advice
A fly fisher's mecca in the Northwest US. This river that joins the Willamette River downstream even has it's own boat... more travel advice
- See All Poison Oak will leave you itching.
- See All the Saturday Market
- See All Oh those dreamy mashed potatoes.
caffeine_induced78's Related Pages
Eugene Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EUGENE, OREGON USA"
- "Track town USA"
- "Home, Sweet Home in the Pacific Northwest"
- "Eugene, OR"
- "Eugene, kicking the rain"
- "Eugene - a place to take it easy"
- "Eugene, Oregon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Eugene
- Hotels in Eugene
- Transportation in Eugene
- Nightlife in Eugene
- Restaurants in Eugene
- Shopping in Eugene
- Warnings and Dangers in Eugene
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eugene
- 17 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Eugene?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eugene
Photos in EugeneSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denver Intro, 36 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Colorado Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Genoa Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Golden Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- San Luis Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Sterling Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos