"Get High in Nebraska" Kimball by caffeine_induced78
Kimball Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 19 photos
This is probably one of the few places in the world that misses the cold war nuclear missile race. Kimball is a small town of 2500 citizens in the Nebraska panhandle. When you stand in this quiet little farming town on the high plains it's hard to imagine that in a several hundred kilometer radius around you hundreds of ICBM's rest unseen in underground silos around you. This is in the heart of the nations nuclear deterent. The United States placed the silos in the heart of the country because of a lack of major cities nearby and the distance from seas - making the silos almost unreachable to Nukes fired from Soviet subs. The Nuclear disarmanant treaties have been economically rough on this town, returning the foundation to what it was - farming.
- Pros:Gateway to Western Nebraska, friendly people
- Cons:it's small, but is that a bad thing?
- In a nutshell:standing in the middle of armageddon - and where peace was created from?
You can find them on any road map - the highest point for any State. Panorama Point at 5424 feet is the highest point in... more travel advice
caffeine_induced78's Related Pages
Kimball Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Get High in Nebraska"
- "Small Town"
- "AN INTERSTATE 80 TOWN IN THE PANHANDLE"
- "Kimball Page"
- "Basaic Kimball Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kimball
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Kimball?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kimball
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denver Intro, 36 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Colorado Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Genoa Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Golden Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- San Luis Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Sterling Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos