"An "All American town."" Top 5 Page for this destination Hays by caffeine_induced78
Hays Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 110 photos
It was after supper time. The sun was going down and I was walking through the neighberhoods of this town of roughly 20,000 citizens.
It was a perfect night for a walk. Yet - everybody was not outside. What traffic I did see was by cars. Their was plenty of vehicle traffic on this nice evening ; very little foot traffic.
It's a nice place to visit. I couldn't do this for very long. I need to see people walking, biking, getting to know their neighberhoods.
I need my cities.
Is it just me or is it that the further east you go the more they play up their "Western heritage?"
Are Easterners just suckers for the Romantacised West?
- Pros:College town, interesting museum.
- Cons:the townspeople don't come out very much.
- In a nutshell:Nice place to spend a day or two.
A proper requirement of any "wild west town," is that it must have had a military fort nearby. Take a bunch of men far... more travel advice
caffeine_induced78's Related Pages
Hays Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fort Hays, Boot Hill, and the State University"
- "A LAND OF STRANGE BASKETBALL FANS?"
- "Hays, America"
- "Halfway between Kansas City and Denver"
- "An "All American town.""
- "jan58's Hays Page"
- "Hays, Kansas"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hays
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Hays?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hays
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denver Intro, 36 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Colorado Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Genoa Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Golden Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- San Luis Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Sterling Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos