"My favorite little mountain town." Rollinsville by caffeine_induced78

Rollinsville Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 2 photos

Where the tracks run side by side.

It's not hard to find the quiet little mountain towns in Colorado. You just have to pick a place on a map that does not have a ski area close by. Rollinsville is a town like this. For me it is the start of my favorite little corner - the Upper South Boulder Creek valley. If you think that only the big cities have anything to do in them then this is not the place for you. Here you will find some small workshops, a post office, a bar / restaurant, and a general store. In the future I would love to visit the town called Wingello that Jen (craic) has made famous on VT. In the meantime this is how I imagine Wingello - except Rollinsville has more snow and less horses.

• Pros:Just the right size, very friendly locals.
  • Cons:It can get very windy.
  • In a nutshell:a quiet Colorado mountain town.
  • Last visit to Rollinsville: Mar 2003
  • Intro Written Mar 6, 2003

• Gangerolv's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2008 at 12:54 PM

Sorry to say, but as of May 2008, the restaurant has been closed and it is for sale. Too bad, hopefully there will be new owners soon, it is such a great location for this bar/restaurant.

• BerniShand's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2005 at 12:04 PM

yes there is way too much snow for it to be Wingello.....BTW you`ll love it there, especially when it rains and the frogs sing

• Apr 1, 2003 at 12:19 PM

(303) 258-3270... I dialed this number and some Jennifer Compton answered the phone. I´ve order couple of dozens of Buffalo Wings.. extra spicy... They are DHL´ing them over here. I think she was blonde.

• roz.van's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2003 at 5:39 AM

you would probably like Donaghadee!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2003 at 7:38 PM

I thought this page might give something.sure did, outright down to earth perceptions...like that

• jessicadf's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2003 at 7:50 PM

Quite a rave review for the chicken wings! Chicken wings and a beer. Mmm. Must be dinner time.... that sounds good.

• Androidius's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2003 at 7:58 PM

yea, dude, i dig your philosophy on that. what's with everyone adoring the urban environment, like we all forgot where we come from

• sambarnett's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2003 at 7:36 PM

Cool place. I could use a drink right now.

• ayers_rock_where's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2003 at 11:32 AM

wings beer snow lol awesome looking hillbilly ville

• craic's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2003 at 9:12 PM

Golly. I felt like I was right there. And right at home.

Badges & Stats in Rollinsville

Have you been to Rollinsville?