"The Western Slope" Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Junction by caffeine_induced78

Grand Junction Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 163 photos

The sweat having now dried from my palms I could rest a little as I rolled into the city of Colorado's Western Slope. Driving over Vail Pass and through the Eisenhower tunnel on the way over from Denver was not to be taken lightly. Sometimes I worry about those that pass me on the snowpacked highway going 65 or 70 mph as taking it too lightly. I'm not slow, I just don't want to die early - or at least before I enter Grand Junction.

Grand Junction is the urban center of Colorado's most productive agricultural area. This city of about 35,000 citizens offers a nice place to stay for someone heading to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Colorado National Monument, or even a daytrip to one of Southeast Utah's National Parks. If you are heading west into Utah for an extended stay be sure to stock up on liquor and beer in Grand Junction for the almost dry State of Utah. You can find the booze in Utah - just be prepared to pay a sum for it.

• Pros:Wine, Peaches, and wonderful Scenery.
  • Cons:it does get hot in the Summer.
  • In a nutshell:Conjunction Junction what is your Function?
  • Last visit to Grand Junction: Dec 2003
  • Intro Written Dec 20, 2003

• Mar 30, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Had the best time 2008-09 visiting the monument, rifle gap, seeing the colorado river. Met the man of my dreams and now in the process to relocate from FL TO Grand Junction CO. Lookin for my dream home for good this time. I love it!!!!!!

• mcpangie's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2004 at 3:36 PM

Having relatives from Grand Junction, I like town. Good pages. My favorite part is the Colorado National Monument.

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2004 at 9:19 AM

Yeah. Nice.

• jessicadf's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2003 at 1:25 PM

Hot sauce? On eggs? Yeah buddy!! Just not catsup on eggs. Ick.

• roz.van's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2003 at 8:30 AM

hello! comment no.1 :-D firstly WB! looks like quite a fun place. roz

Badges & Stats in Grand Junction

Have you been to Grand Junction?

Latest Activity in Grand Junction