"The Western Slope" Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Junction by caffeine_induced78
Grand Junction Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 164 photos
The sweat having now dried from my palms I could rest a little as I rolled into the city of Colorado's Western Slope. Driving over Vail Pass and through the Eisenhower tunnel on the way over from Denver was not to be taken lightly. Sometimes I worry about those that pass me on the snowpacked highway going 65 or 70 mph as taking it too lightly. I'm not slow, I just don't want to die early - or at least before I enter Grand Junction.
Grand Junction is the urban center of Colorado's most productive agricultural area. This city of about 35,000 citizens offers a nice place to stay for someone heading to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Colorado National Monument, or even a daytrip to one of Southeast Utah's National Parks. If you are heading west into Utah for an extended stay be sure to stock up on liquor and beer in Grand Junction for the almost dry State of Utah. You can find the booze in Utah - just be prepared to pay a sum for it.
- Pros:Wine, Peaches, and wonderful Scenery.
- Cons:it does get hot in the Summer.
- In a nutshell:Conjunction Junction what is your Function?
In an effective effort to revitalize Grand Junctions downtown area the city closed off some lanes on Main St to make... more travel advice
I don't like it when they give me a list of beers. I like the bars that line the bottles up in a row so I can just look... more travel advice
caffeine_induced78's Related Pages
Grand Junction Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Town layout of the core"
- "Agricultural Town on the Upper Colorado River"
- "The Western Slope"
- "The Western Slope"
- "Grand Junction"
- "mmspooner's new Grand Junction Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Junction
- Hotels in Grand Junction
- Transportation in Grand Junction
- Nightlife in Grand Junction
- Restaurants in Grand Junction
- Shopping in Grand Junction
- Warnings and Dangers in Grand Junction
- See All...
Explore the World
- Czech Republic
- South America
- Cabarete Hotels
- Kill Devil Hills Hotels
- Poortugaal Hotels
- Porto Recanati
- San Clemente
- Ko Khlum Hotels
- Rocky Neck State Park Hotels
- San Felíu de Guixols
- Saint Petersburg Hotels
- San Vicente de la Barquera
- Nakhon Si Thammarat
Badges & Stats in Grand Junction
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Grand Junction?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Junction
Photos in Grand JunctionSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denver Intro, 36 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Colorado Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Genoa Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Golden Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- San Luis Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Sterling Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (43)
Latest Grand Junction hotel reviews
- Hawthorn Grand Junction
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013
- Americas Best Value Inn-Grand Junction
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Country Inns Of America
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Courtyard By Marriott Grand Junction
- 107 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Clarion Inn Grand Junction
- 171 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Mesa Inn Grand Junction
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 27, 2013
- Super 8 Motel - Grand Junction
- 127 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Two Rivers Winery & Chateau
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 18, 2013
- Motel 6 Grand Junction Colorado
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2013