"Buena Vista - adventures in high altitude drinking" Buena Vista by caffeine_induced78

Buena Vista Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 15 photos

Under the Collegiate Range.

Buena Vista is not a big town so why in the world would you come here? Why in the hell did I come here? It was a place to rest my head for the night - a place to down a beer and eat some grub. I don't know why but I never sleep in when I'm on vacation. That is why you have to picture me standing in the 5:40 am dark smoking a cigarette in the snow and waiting for the grocery store to open. The clouds were out so I could not see the Collegiate Range of mountains that sit to the west and north of the town. This range holds several of the famous Colorado 14'ers within a short drive. This makes Buena Vista a nice jumping off point for those interested in tackeling the high mountain country - without paying the high prices of a resort town.

The Sequel - 18 months later

Why would one come here a second time? For myself (I don't go river rafting), it's because the mountains were socked in with clouds the last time I was here. It was because the last time I was here in March the kitchen at the Lariat Saloon was closed. I'm glad I did stop here this trip. The hot wings were excellent, the beer cold, and the view amazing.

• Pros:quiet, small and cheap. Great for river rafting.
  • Cons:every way is a long way to get there.
  • In a nutshell:great setting for a TV show
  • Last visit to Buena Vista: Oct 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 3, 2004

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2006 at 11:38 PM

I like your writing. Even so, you have not convinced me that Buena Vista should be my next holiday location...LOL Oh, and by the way, I met the man I married on a library date.

• Espresso_girl's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2003 at 7:42 AM

Beer transcends time. The glass won't stay empty for long. Cheerrrrsh! Conflicting street signs LOL!

• ayers_rock_where's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2003 at 12:27 PM

sounds like a great laugh was had hey have you read the news a drunk crashed through that place lol ..... love this page bud

• roz.van's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2003 at 5:16 AM

I wish I was articulate and funny when I attempt to write. Very enjoyable as always...Im off to the next "new!" now...:) spook

• edachsund's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2003 at 9:46 PM

Quite funny though! more pleasee.....

• craic's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2003 at 7:32 AM

Lovely lovely stuff. Interestingly there are 2 other pages on this place!

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2003 at 9:37 PM

"What's the feeling when you're driving away from people and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? It's the too huge world vaulting us, and it's goodbye. But we lean fwd to the next crazy venture beneath the skies. (Book of Blues)

Badges & Stats in Buena Vista

Have you been to Buena Vista?

Latest Activity in Buena Vista