"And it's pronounced Bre-DA" Breda by caffeine_induced78

Breda Travel Guide: 437 reviews and 1,131 photos

Why isn't this canal full of chocolate milk?

That's the sugar factory. Breda is where sweet things come from. When I was told this factory made sugar from sugar beets I felt that this place had a distant kinship with Colorado. The early economy of Colorado depended heavily on beet sugar production and processing. It was a hint, it was a tease, because I could almost imagine that I was walking in Candyland or a real life version of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.

But beer will do. I walked by the Oranjeboom brewery several times in the night. I am no longer 12 years old but add a score. Breda with the rash of Universities makes for the perfect atmosphere for the drinking kind. That would be me, and it all started at the Irish pub.

• Pros:quiet and lovely town, great in the winter
  • Cons:watch out for the bicyclists.
  • In a nutshell:70% the fun of Tiel!
  • Last visit to Breda: Jan 2005
  • Intro Written Feb 3, 2005

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2007 at 11:43 PM

My trip to Breda was railway station to bus station and , yes, I was confused finding the right bus to take. At least you've shown me what i missed.

• Rubik's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2006 at 12:30 PM

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2005 at 10:34 AM

Just had an argument this week about whether the Spanish ever got into the lowlands. I win! Thanks. Didn't Molly Brown's husband make some of his fortune from beets?

• craic's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2005 at 8:06 AM

How peculiar to have a Spanish hole in Breda. Really puzzling. (I could not rate for accuracy on this page and I was sad. Oh hell, I will. It all sounds accurate.)

Badges & Stats in Breda