"Wrong Ferry Equals a Trip to Asia!" Istanbul by caffeine_induced78
Istanbul Travel Guide: 7,929 reviews and 20,594 photos
"Be safe, be safe," was what I heard a lot before visiting Istanbul. I am going to start saying that to all my friends when they walk out the door. I have never felt more safe in a city than I did in Istanbul. The people are very friendly, the history is rich, and the city so clean that I thought Denver looked dirty when I got back home.
Ivan and Feyza were excellent hosts, they have my complete gratitude. Attaturk was everywhere - although the face not as plentiful as the faces of politicians plastering the streets. The ferry up the Golden Horn went bounce, bounce, bounce from the southern shore ports-'o-call to the northern shore ports-'o-call. Rising over the city to complete a surreal experience was the Muslim call for prayer playing over five or six loudspeakers.
I find myself back in Denver. I must find pigeons here, pigeons do in Denver what pigeons do in Istanbul. Home upon return suddenly feels boring.
- Pros:Great nightlife. Can any city in the US be this young?
- Cons:too many jellyfish in the Bosporus
- In a nutshell:a bridge between continents, cultures, and a crossroads of history.
Just west of the Blue Mosque, so close that you may as well see these. Back in the day, first with the Byzantines and... more travel advice
"Does it ever reverse flow and go back towards the Black Sea?" This would mean that the tidal levels between the Black... more travel advice
caffeine_induced78's Related Pages
Istanbul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STROLLING THROUGH ISTANBUL"
- "The only city in the world build in 2 continents"
- "Istanbul not/and Constantinople"
- "istanbul tips"
- "My Beloved Istanbul"
- "Beauty, Culture, & History - All In One Place!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Istanbul
- Hotels in Istanbul
- Transportation in Istanbul
- Nightlife in Istanbul
- Restaurants in Istanbul
- Shopping in Istanbul
- Warnings and Dangers in Istanbul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Istanbul
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 41 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Istanbul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Istanbul
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Nor' easter Nemo."
- Commented on one of ani_istanbul's Istanbul travel pages
- Wrote a Review the Spires of the Hippodrome about Hippodrome - Atmaydani in Istanbul Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "What I wouldn't give"
- updated a Istanbul Travel Page "Wrong Ferry Equals a Trip to Asia!"
Photos in IstanbulSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denver Intro, 36 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Colorado Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Genoa Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Golden Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- San Luis Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Sterling Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos