""My old [Michigan] home"" Top 5 Page for this destination Houghton by va8eha
Houghton Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 185 photos
God's country ... if you love the outdoors (waterfalls, crystal-clear lakes, acres of woods), hunting, fishing, hiking, snow-shoeing, skiing ... then the Upper Peninsula of Michigan is a must-see. :) (Although if you want to live there, I recommend also having a love of winter.) It is especially gorgeous in the fall -- when I would argue that the colors out-rival those of New England (granted there are no covered bridges, but one can't have everything). :)
- Pros:"Fall colors, waterfalls, great hiking, miles upon miles of empty beaches on a crystal-clear (and cold) lake"
- Cons:Sadly, long winters -- and mosquitos
- In a nutshell:"The last place on earth"
October through May -- expect snow, bring a WARM jacket. Unless you're as crazy as my friends say I am, don't expect... more travel advice
They're little, but they can bite! Watch out for them in the summer months, especially when hiking or camping. Bring bug... more travel advice
va8eha's Related Pages
Houghton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Houghton, Michigan, Our Home Away From Home"
- ""My old [Michigan] home""
- "Copper and Turbo"
- "cynthi's Houghton Page"
- "Basaic Isle Royale National Park/Houghton Page"
- "Houghton, MI"
- "lintman1's Houghton Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Houghton
- Hotels in Houghton
- Transportation in Houghton
- Nightlife in Houghton
- Restaurants in Houghton
- Shopping in Houghton
- Warnings and Dangers in Houghton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Houghton
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Houghton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Houghton
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houghton Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Sacramento Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Venice Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos