"Life is a journey, not a destination!" va8eha's Profile
"The most violent element in society is ignorance" -- EG
I confess, I love quotes. This is my latest find .. and I think it's particularly apt. I truly believe that we tend to fear much of what we don't understand. Which is why I think travel - in a broader sense - and merely getting to know other people and cultures - in a looser sense - is so important. It brings us closer together.
Regretfully, my travel (international, anyway) this year is likely to be limited. I've decided to concentrate on paying off credit card debt and spend more time with family and friends here in the states. But, one of my New Year's resolutions is to spend some time on my VT pages. Otherwise, how can I recommend the great restaurant in Nurnberg where I finally learned to love sauerkraut?! And how else, but by sharing my own tips, can I say "thank you" to all the VT members who've helped me over the past year or so? Progress, will be slow, but sure.
Oh, and my other reason for limited travel .. my new Weim puppy, Atlas. I feel like I've had a child, only this child will never grow past the toddler stage, and will never (thankfully) go through the "Why?" stage? ;-) He is my first pet, and I cannot imagine life without him. It's hard to think of leaving him, particularly since Weims are known as "velcro dogs". To give you an example, Atlas whines if I go into the bathroom and shut the door. He knows that where I am is where he is supposed to be, so if that isn't possible, he is bound and determined that everyone should hear of it. While such love and devotion might grow wearying were it in a person, in my puppy, it's absolutely adorable!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 20 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- va8eha and MeShell are now friends.
- Commented on one of Duanetru's Florence travel pages
- Posted in Travel Huntington Beach Forum "RE: way to get from LAX to..."
- Wrote a Review Walk the wall in Rothenburg ob der Tauber Things to Do
- updated a Rothenburg ob der Tauber Travel Page "Rothenburg ob der Tauber"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rothenburg ob der Tauber"
updated their Profile Page "Life is a journey, not a destination!"
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houghton Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Sacramento Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Venice Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos