"Life is a journey, not a destination!" va8eha's Profile

"The most violent element in society is ignorance" -- EG

I confess, I love quotes. This is my latest find .. and I think it's particularly apt. I truly believe that we tend to fear much of what we don't understand. Which is why I think travel - in a broader sense - and merely getting to know other people and cultures - in a looser sense - is so important. It brings us closer together.

Regretfully, my travel (international, anyway) this year is likely to be limited. I've decided to concentrate on paying off credit card debt and spend more time with family and friends here in the states. But, one of my New Year's resolutions is to spend some time on my VT pages. Otherwise, how can I recommend the great restaurant in Nurnberg where I finally learned to love sauerkraut?! And how else, but by sharing my own tips, can I say "thank you" to all the VT members who've helped me over the past year or so? Progress, will be slow, but sure.

Oh, and my other reason for limited travel .. my new Weim puppy, Atlas. I feel like I've had a child, only this child will never grow past the toddler stage, and will never (thankfully) go through the "Why?" stage? ;-) He is my first pet, and I cannot imagine life without him. It's hard to think of leaving him, particularly since Weims are known as "velcro dogs". To give you an example, Atlas whines if I go into the bathroom and shut the door. He knows that where I am is where he is supposed to be, so if that isn't possible, he is bound and determined that everyone should hear of it. While such love and devotion might grow wearying were it in a person, in my puppy, it's absolutely adorable!

• Intro Updated Jan 8, 2004

Dec 31, 2004 at 12:53 AM

Happy New Year!!!

• hasanhanks's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2004 at 10:12 PM

Elizabeth..........I wish you, your family (your beautiful kind k-9 included) and love ones a Merry Christmas and the best of the best New Year.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2004 at 8:25 PM

thank you for your kind thoughts. Sauerkraut, never liked it much ^..^ maybe they tried to hart to raise my on it, never grew on me either!!Greetings from NZ

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2004 at 1:25 PM

Hi Elizabeth, Your secret is out of the closet now !! (~_~). I had to order my Freya Stark books, Good Luck in your search, Happy Travels

• Apr 16, 2004 at 1:33 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY from Sydney!!! - Smiles from Susan

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2004 at 11:57 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Elizabeth! That Atlas is looking quite dashing these days! Have a great celebration you two !! ;-))

• shintarojon's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2004 at 10:00 PM

Maligayang Kaarawan! Filipino way of saying Happy B-day!!! Greetings from the Islands of unusual native delicacy called "BALUT" ---Philippines!!!

• Apr 15, 2004 at 8:25 PM

Elizabeth, many many happy returns of the day. Wishing you a happy birthday and all the best in life. Greetings from India.

• steventilly's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2003 at 10:54 AM

A fluke indeed! Have a very happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year. Steve

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
va8eha's Profile Photo

va8eha

“If you love something, set it free -- unless it's a puppy, then keep it on a short leash.”

Real Name