"Roman, 600 years of history" Roman by Elweb
Roman Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 27 photos
The city of Roman is located in the centre of Moldavia, on its main channel of comunication concerning both the rail - as part of the route Bucharest-Dornesti-Cernauti-Warshaw, and the road transportation, the European highway E85 connecting Poland and Ukraine, trough Romania, to Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece and Near West.
The town is located close to the margins of the Moldavian Plateau, at the confluence of Moldova and Siret rivers, and has a surface of 3.008 hectares. The hills that guard the eastern part of the city belongs to the Moldavian Plateau and do not exeed 1000 feet in high.
The first evidence documenting this settlement was found in a 'list of Russian towns, close and remote', elaborated arrownd 1388-1391, where the town is mentioned by the name of 'Town of Roman on Moldova river'.
The first local document reffering the city of Roman is the Charter issued on March, 30, 1392, 'in our town of Roman-Voivode' this being one of the most beautiful documents of the 14th century, adorned with a hanging seal and hosted by the state archives in Bucharest.
I was born in Roman in 1976, and wanted to get away from it since. Than, i moved away for about seven month, and i was missing it like hell :)) It is true that Roman is a small town (apr. 100.000 people living in it), and that the commerce and industry are nearly dead here, but still... If anyone want to come visit my city it will find a great comunity of people, ready to jump into the fire for their guests!
I hope I can upload more photos of Roman in my travelogues...
Just found out that i have to excange some links. LOL, i mean, i found myself looking for "Roman".
great infos about Roman on:
b. http://www.roman-romania.com/ (a complete site about Roman, its history and ppl, from the beginning 'till now)
If you wanna know what am i doing for a living:
www.magagency.ro, and soon www.opiniapress.ro
- Pros:Small town, could be visited in one day, by foot, good hotel, great food, old home made wines, beautiful girls and hospitality...
- Cons:beggers, bad sidewalks, and no transportation
- In a nutshell:If you decide to visit Roman, i'll be waiting!
well, just don't get here more travel advice
- See All Inter Disco
- See All great singing chef 2
- See All The boat ride on the lake
- hm...running beerfoot with my brothers...
Elweb's Related Pages
Roman Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Roman
- 20 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Roman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Roman
Photos in RomanSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Romania Intro, 10 reviews, 33 photos, 5 travelogues
- Roman Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Piatra Neamt Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Judetul Suceava Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Padova Intro, 3 photos
- Montagnana Intro, 3 photos
- Castalla Intro, 3 photos
- Santa Croce Intro, 3 photos
- Onil Intro, 3 photos
- Judetul Neamt Intro, 1 photo