"OH! The sand, the beautiful sand!" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Fuerteventura by Madasabull

Isla de Fuerteventura Travel Guide: 254 reviews and 535 photos

Windsurfers Paradise

If there is one thing you can say about this island, it the beautiful sandy beaches.
I think they are the best beaches in the Canaries.

Beautiful white sand that has blown in from the Sahara. None of your usual imported sand from, erm, the Sahara, like on the other islands that make up the Canaries.

Friends

We are out there again on the 8th of January 03, and are meeting up with another couple that live in Sussex, and their two children. My two girls got on well with their two boys this year in Lanzarote where we met, and they also run their own landscaping business like I do in Cheshire, so we have plenty to laugh about when we meet. Also I will make sure to get lots of really good pictures this time for these pages, so if there is anything that your really want to see, let me know.

Our Honeymoon

We are staying in Caleta De Fuste this time. We stayed in Corralejo on our last visit, for our honeymoon, and made sure to get out and about by hiring a nice little convertible. That’s the picture above, just before a little girl opened up her passenger door on a car parked along the side of the road.
There was a car coming the other way towards us, and the road was very narrow, so the only options I had were to either go head on with the car coming towards us, or rip the girls car door off. Off came the door. Nobody was hurt thankfully.

We stayed at the Duna Park in Corralejo, and we had a great time. Really close to town, but very quiet, and not packed out.

• Pros:Best sandy beaches in the Canaries.
  • Cons:Pretty windy, but only on, erm, windy days, of course. Which is most days.
  • In a nutshell:Great beaches, be prepared to travel, and be carefull on the roads.
  • Last visit to Isla de Fuerteventura: Jan 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 26, 2003

Madasabull

“You are who you meet.”

Badges & Stats in Isla de Fuerteventura

Have you been to Isla de Fuerteventura?