"OH! The sand, the beautiful sand!" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Fuerteventura by Madasabull
Isla de Fuerteventura Travel Guide: 268 reviews and 608 photos
If there is one thing you can say about this island, it the beautiful sandy beaches.
I think they are the best beaches in the Canaries.
Beautiful white sand that has blown in from the Sahara. None of your usual imported sand from, erm, the Sahara, like on the other islands that make up the Canaries.
We are out there again on the 8th of January 03, and are meeting up with another couple that live in Sussex, and their two children. My two girls got on well with their two boys this year in Lanzarote where we met, and they also run their own landscaping business like I do in Cheshire, so we have plenty to laugh about when we meet. Also I will make sure to get lots of really good pictures this time for these pages, so if there is anything that your really want to see, let me know.
We are staying in Caleta De Fuste this time. We stayed in Corralejo on our last visit, for our honeymoon, and made sure to get out and about by hiring a nice little convertible. That’s the picture above, just before a little girl opened up her passenger door on a car parked along the side of the road.
There was a car coming the other way towards us, and the road was very narrow, so the only options I had were to either go head on with the car coming towards us, or rip the girls car door off. Off came the door. Nobody was hurt thankfully.
We stayed at the Duna Park in Corralejo, and we had a great time. Really close to town, but very quiet, and not packed out.
- Pros:Best sandy beaches in the Canaries.
- Cons:Pretty windy, but only on, erm, windy days, of course. Which is most days.
- In a nutshell:Great beaches, be prepared to travel, and be carefull on the roads.
You really wouldn’t believe that this was in the middle of the Holiday season. I love a walk on the beach, especially... more travel advice
At the bottom end of the Island is Jandia, it has some absolutely fantastic beaches. The best beaches are just before... more travel advice
- Into the mountains.
- Not much in the way of anything really.
- Children are first.
- The flags are out.
Madasabull's Related Pages
Isla de Fuerteventura Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lost Paradise"
- "OH! The sand, the beautiful sand!"
- "Caleta De Fuste"
- "Known by the Greeks as The Fortunate Islands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla de Fuerteventura
- Hotels in Isla de Fuerteventura
- Transportation in Isla de Fuerteventura
- Nightlife in Isla de Fuerteventura
- Restaurants in Isla de Fuerteventura
- Shopping in Isla de Fuerteventura
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla de Fuerteventura
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla de Fuerteventura
- 16 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 48 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Isla de Fuerteventura?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla de Fuerteventura
- Posted in Travel England Forum "Re: Cycling Around The World"
- Commented on one of Nixter01's Isla de Fuerteventura travel pages
- Wrote a Review A beach towel, wind brake, and sun screen. in Isla de Fuerteventura What to Pack
- Uploaded a Photo to "OH! The sand, the beautiful sand!"
- updated a Isla de Fuerteventura Travel Page "OH! The sand, the beautiful sand!"
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado do Amazonas Intro, 12 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sri Lanka Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos
- Broome Intro, 7 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florida Intro, 8 reviews, 34 photos
- Manila Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos
- Brunei Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Borneo Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos
- State of Kerala Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos