" Welcome to my travels " Madasabull's Profile

A little about me, as if my travels aren't enough!

Firstly, all my pictures and videos are my own

Wow, since my last proper update to my profile home page back in 2006, a lot has happened. As it would in 7 years.

I met my wife in 2006, and in the same year I was hit by an articulated lorry while stood on the side of the motorway in the UK. Suffering all kinds of health problems, but survived, as usual :)

We took my teenage daughters to Disneyland in Florida and a cruise in the Atlantic. My wife and I traveled to Sri Lanka, Kerala, Goa, Hawaii, a 6 week road trip through the Southern States of the US and a 3 week road trip through the West Coast of the US.

I had another accident where I was stuck under a mini excavator in my garden while digging a pond. I was trapped underneath it and nearly drowned. But survived, as usual. I have had some scrapes in my life.

It's crazy, but when I think of all the near misses I have had, like when I was younger and didn't hear the shark alarm at a beach in Perth Australia, only to be stood in waist deep water all alone apart from 2 sharks swimming around me just feet away, then left.

And there was the time I put my finger in a sea shell, then seconds later watched a Blue Ringed Octopus climb out.

And there was ...........far too many to mention :)

Our last trip was from 26 December 2013 to 13 January 2014 to the Far East. I have a lot of pics and updates to do, so I had better get cracking

I just had to take this pic too, beautiful.

Below are links to my Travelogue pages. Here you will find more information, and pictures, about some of the places Ive visited. Years ago I used the Travelogue as a way of getting more pics up, but now I can go over them and complete my stories. There are also links to pages I have created about my life outside of travel too. Just click the link.

My Best Aussie Mate

Travelogues

Amazon Travelogue Part 1 Amazon Travelogue Part 2 Singapore Travelogue Lanzarote Travelogue

Some advice from a good Australian friend of mine, before I left for the Amazon. He has since passed away at just 55. He worked with the Aboriginal youth in Australia, and spent time in Indonesia helping to teach tribes people to farm fish instead of ruining the reefs. Words of wisdom

When I was between the ages of 19 and 21, in the early 80's, I was a Breakdancer. And on arriving in Australia in 1984, it was my job. I would be flown to small towns to teach, and even did an advert on TV for Liquorland in Perth Western Australia. It's hard to imagine being able to do all that then, because if I tried a head spin now, my head would come through my backside :) HIP HOP

Last Trip: 26 December 2013 to 13 January 2014

Firstly, this is my third attempt at writing this on my laptop, my hand seems to move over something on the keypad that scrubs everything I write, so I am writing a little, then saving it quickly, then adding a bit more, what a pain. I will have to stick to my desktop computer, or get smaller hands, don't know which yet :) (save)

(and back) We started out trip in Singapore, then Panang, Phuket, Langkawi, Borneo, Brunei, Puerto Princesa for which davidjo knows so much about, so check out his page Puerto Princesa by davidjo, Manila, and finished in Hong Kong. It was amazing. (save)

(and back) My wife's brother lives in Manila, so we paid him and his partner a visit and he picked us up and took us to some amazing places. He then flew over to Hong Kong with his partner 2 days later to meet up with us again for just 2 days and 1 night, before they flew back to Manila, alright for some hey. We had a really great time.

I tried to take more video, as I have started uploading some of my travel video lately. I think they really show a place from my perspective. It's what I am looking at that time, and that's what I like about other peoples videos too, looking through their eyes, and a dusty lens. (save)

My daughters Chelsea and Chloe.

It is amazing how quickly these creatures have grown up. I can't believe Im 50 and my daughters are 18 and 20, with boyfriends and their own lives.

I hope that they will travel and see the world for themselves, and I will be so proud when one day they come to me and say they are off on an adventure.

I also hope of course, that they settle down in some way to have children of their own, and a partner who loved them and looks after them, because god help the man if he doesn't :)

Watching the girls growing and developing, is like watching the greatest reality show on earth, that can't be crammed into a short season. It is amazing, funny, sad, happy, scary, and involves most of your emotions and feelings, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

They have never seen my pages here, or have ever even asked about them, and to be honest, I like that, because it is like my own private space, that I share with the world :)

So what would be my dream travel adventure?

I have dreamed of being able to get on a bike, and cycle across all the continents. Starting with the USA, then Australia, then Europe, followed by Asia and South America.

Antarctica is out due to not being able to get tyres, and Africa I consider to be the most dangerous to cross so that would be last, maybe even after giving Antarctica a go.

I am married now, and so it is highly unlikely that I will ever get to do these things, without being single, and as I have no plans to be single, this will remain my dream travel adventure. I made a choice.

Oh, and I haven't even got a bike, that would be a good start hey!

My wife and I.

We have been together now for 7 years, and have traveled to some amazing places together.

My wife and I married in Vegas while on a road trip 4 years ago, 2 years ago moved just 42 miles from my then hometown of Warrington in Cheshire.

My wife Sue had previously been to places I would love to go, and we have visited a few places she has already been.

We are hard at work restoring our house, but looking forward to taking time out to travel.

My home in Wales

After moving to Wales last year in May 2012, I have been trying to restore this historic toll house bought at auction. It was built in the 1700's, and is in need of lots of love.

We have installed a static caravan for family and friends if they are wanting a break or staying over from a visit, and we are only a mile from the beach, so it is handy for nice walks.

I am now at a stage where I am restoring an old stone barn in the rear, so that I can start a rustic furniture business. I have worked with wood all my life, and feel it is something I will enjoy.

We have chicken's too. I had always wanted chickens running around, and that's what they do here. I let them out to free range for a few hours every day, or until they get on my nerves. They follow me everywhere, and I am sometimes tripping over them. I am called The Chicken Whisperer by friends and family :)

We have a small stream and a small forest, about 2 acres in all, and it really is nice to have space to grow things in, and to walk around.

It will be some time before the place if complete, if ever, and it was the beginning of last year that we came back from our 6 week road trip of the US Southern States, so we are looking forward to the Far East for New Year.

Here they are, the best beach holiday location I have been to and would love to return to one day.

Not just for the beach, although the beach has to be special, but also for things to do at night as well as the day, like bars, places to eat, shops, and great scenery.

No 1 - Lighthouse Beach - Kerala - India

No 10 - El Cotillo beach - Fuerteventura - Canary Island

• Intro Updated Feb 27, 2014

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• CEP1863's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Steve, I hope you have a super birthday and a year packed with memorable travel!

• Sienlu's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Happy birthday Steve

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2014 at 4:46 AM

Happy birthday, Steve

• vinod-bhojak's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2014 at 4:31 AM

Steve,Wish you happy birthday from India.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2014 at 4:11 AM

Hello, 'ello mate! Happy birthday to you!! Hope you have a great day and even bigger weekend to celebrate!! Big hugs, Ann xx

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:49 AM

happy birthday and enjoy your special day and keep up the good work!!

Feb 12, 2014 at 5:35 AM

Steve, thank for the mention. On Friday we are attending a wedding in Narra, 120 kms south of PPC, so we intend to explore south of there which should be an experience as in almost 20 years there are still a few towns that we have not seen. This area has very few tourists!!

• Madasabull's Profile Photo
      Feb 12, 2014 at 5:40 AM

That will be great, I look forward to checking out your Narra page. It really is an amazing place where you are and you are very lucky, as you already know.

Feb 12, 2014 at 12:10 PM

19 yrs and counting, i will die here, but hopefully not too soon!!!!!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Thank you Steve for taking time on my videos! Best wishes from Moscow!

• jorgejuansanchez's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Thank you for visiting my pages and regards from Spain

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!