"Macau" Macao by thelittlevoice
Macao Travel Guide: 1,779 reviews and 5,430 photos
I didn't really think of going to Macau. My friend and I planned to go to Pakistan and India but we had a problem getting a Pakistan Visa because we didn't have any hotel confirmation as we would stay at a friend's place. We could have gotten it the next day but from the way this guy at the embassay treated us, we didn't really feel like trying again. We then thought of going to Oman because people at the embassy were very kind but we were too lazy to go there...most embassies only accept applications during morning and we both are not morning persons. Our next choice was Bahrain. We could get a visa on arrival but we had so many problems trying to get the right flight. I looked around and tried to find the best place to go...best for us means no need to get a visa or we can get visa on arrival and there's a direct flight with no hassle. We decided to go to some travel agencies searching around and Macau tended to suit our needs.
I didn't regret one bit about going there. People there were extremely nice. [ I know I'm probably going to get flamed by saying this...I always did for speaking my mind but I will never stop doing it. Each person has different perspectives so don't expect me to feel the same way as you do. I found people in mainland China to be rude. I've been there over 10 times so I know what I'm talking about. If you had a different experience then it's good for you but unfortunately I didn't. They always turned away when I asked for directions, they never respected people in queue, they could just bump to you and still no apologies. I know there're some good and nice people there too but I didn't meet many of them.] BUT people in Macau were different. They were very helpful. They tried to show me the way every time I asked. Those who can't speak English would call someone who can and let them speak to me. They wanna help taking photos for me and my friend. Anyway, besides people, the weather was perfect...16C with sunshine, I couldn't ask for any better!
- In a nutshell:More than just casinos.
I was kinda upset at first because they were supposed to pick me and my friend up at the airport but they didn't...well... more travel advice
Macau’s name is derived from A-Ma-Gau or Bay of A-Ma and this temple dedicated to the seafarers' goddess dates from the... more travel advice
thelittlevoice's Related Pages
Macao Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "IMPREXXION: MACAU"
- "Bem-Vindo a Macau - Welcome to Macau"
- "Macau - former Portuguese Colony"
- "aramat's new Macao Page"
- "Portuguese Heritage"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Macao
- Hotels in Macao
- Transportation in Macao
- Nightlife in Macao
- Restaurants in Macao
- Shopping in Macao
- Warnings and Dangers in Macao
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Macao
- 16 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Macao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Macao
Top 10 Pages
- Macao Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bahrain Intro, 9 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Maldives Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bahir Dar Intro, 5 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hargeysa Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Juan Intro, 2 reviews, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 5 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lalibela Intro, 1 review, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Åland Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues