"Soderhamn" Söderhamn by thelittlevoice

Söderhamn Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 21 photos

Was it a dream?

I know you guys probably are gonna think I'm crazy but I'm not ashamed to tell you that one of dreams was to see my friend Sahlene in full concert and this is the trip that made my dream become reality! I know you must think oh this girl is such a fanatic...but seriously I know a lot of you go to other places just to attend any sport events, festivals, etc. and this is the same for me. One of my passions is music so there's nothing wrong with that, don't ya think?

We left Stockholm around 2pm. My friend drove about half way to have a dinner somewhere in Uppsala and then I drove to Soderhamn the rest of the way. The road is very easy to drive and people are so nice...I bet you all know what it's like driving in Bangkok so to get to drive in Sweden was such a change!

We got to Soderhamn around 6pm. We drove to my friend's cousin's place to chill out a bit and then got off to visit a church and the city for a bit.

Around 10.30pm we got to the venue ready for the gig! There was a band playing Elvis kinda music and I could be careless about them. After they got off, my heart was beginning to beat very fast!

Sahlene got on stage around 11pm and I was really shaking!! I was excited to death! She must have sung like 10 songs or something, I can't remember much, all I know is she did such an amazing job. I felt so great to be in a place where everyone knows who she is and screaming out her name! She also thanked me from the stage. I think everyone in that town must have thought I'm such a fanatic to go all the way there. I still don't believe myself either...it felt like a dream and if it was a dream then I'll never want to wake up! Check out sahlene.com
to know more about her.

• Pros:A dream town!
  • Cons:None that I can think of..
  • In a nutshell:Nice little town with cute kids :)
  • Last visit to Söderhamn: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated May 11, 2004

• flyingkiwi's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2005 at 5:35 AM

I didn't realise you actually KNOW Sahlene!!! Can you ask her if she would be interested in a New Zealand pen pal? Lol!! Fk

• gubbi1's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2005 at 12:46 PM

Hi! Everything is OK with you! I was also in Sweden for a concert and a PhD-Dissertation of two friends of mine. Check my pages if you like! Sorry for the rain during your trip... Christian.

• MickeH's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2005 at 3:39 PM

Funny thing, you describe Söderhamn like a really nice place. I myself think of it as one of the worst places ever :-) Guess it all comes down to personal experiences.

• babar_1's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2004 at 7:34 PM

Greetings from Pakistan

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2004 at 7:40 AM

Good recommandations on Söderhamn. Greets

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2004 at 6:59 AM

So you know Sahlene...how come??? :-) She in turn must know my cousin's classmate who was in the Bullerbyn film too...haha the world is small.

• gregoryr1m's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2004 at 6:45 PM

Peak, I don't think it's crazy for you to travel all that way to see your friend perfom, I traveled to Chicago to see Buddy Guy perform and he's not even a friend. May I ask what kind of music does your friend perform?

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2004 at 4:34 AM

music passion - but why more for foreigners ;-(((

• trotador's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2003 at 8:06 PM

What a trip to see the concert!!

• archan4698's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2003 at 8:08 PM

Very nice page, I havent heard of that swedish singer but she is quite cute:) hehe

thelittlevoice

“Be like a postage stamp. Stick to one thing until you get there.”

Badges & Stats in Söderhamn

Have you been to Söderhamn?

Latest Activity in Söderhamn