"Diving in Redang" Pulau Redang by ngsway
Pulau Redang Travel Guide: 277 reviews and 860 photos
Situated 45 kilometers north east of the State Capital of Kuala Terengganu, the Redang archipelago which comprises nine islands was gazetted a marine park in 1994. The goal was to have this archipelago conserved and protected to perpetuity, providing appreciation and understanding for present and future generations. Since the inception, the already astonishing concentration of marine life that abounded the islands had further flourished and attracted tourists and scientists from all over the world.
The reefs of the Redang Islands boast of more than 55 genera with over 100 species of hard corals with the rest being soft corals and sea fans, over 100 species of reef and pelagic fish and the green and hawksbill turtles. Name any marine life found in the tropical Indo-Pacific and it is be likely to be encountered here.
The waters exhibit wide and diverse types of dive sites. Good for 4 to 10 days of easy and relax diving with mild currents, if at all any, warm (26oC to 32oC) and shallow dives. Visibility underwater is generally good, between 12 to 24 meters
ngsway's Related Pages
Pulau Redang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pulau Redang"
- "~~~~PULAU REDANG~~~"
- "An island that I will call paradise - Redang!"
- "IMPREXXION: PULAU REDANG"
- "Pulau Redang - A Day Trip to a Beautiful Island"
- "Photo of my meals on Flights to & fro Pulau Redang"
- "Beautiful Beaches n White Sand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Redang
- Hotels in Pulau Redang
- Transportation in Pulau Redang
- Nightlife in Pulau Redang
- Restaurants in Pulau Redang
- Shopping in Pulau Redang
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Redang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Redang
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Pulau Redang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Redang
Top 5 Pages
- Cambodia Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos
- Pulau Layang Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Manado Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Beijing Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Kuala Lumpur 1 review