"My home town" Kitwe by Kalulu

Kitwe Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 1 photos

Much I have to say about this town is not great. I'll be honest. People don't come on holiday to Kitwe when they visit Zambia and there's a reason for it....there ain't much to do. The main reason people come here is for business or to visit family and friends. Its a great town but not very 'touristy'.

• Last visit to Kitwe: Dec 2002
  • Intro Updated Feb 13, 2003

• Nov 1, 2007 at 6:04 AM

Was reading you comment about the Squash club. Just to let you know that l had the lease on the restaurant for 5 years. I named the restaurant Rack-A-Teers. Yes l was renowned for the best steaks in town. I bet a lot of my staff are still there.

• Mrslady622's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2007 at 6:51 AM

I am planning a trip to Kitwe in the very near future and the tips were great!!

• Feb 27, 2007 at 12:15 AM

How things have changed over the years! Where are the days you could leave your car/house unlocked, without having to worry that someone would help themselves to your goods! But I suppose the whole world has changed!

• Mar 3, 2005 at 6:01 PM

I too was in Kitwe 1971-76. Went to school at Kitwe Boys Secondary. Many happy memories. Kitwe Playing Fields, Rokana Cinema, Jens snack bar. My names Allan Chisholm.......anyone out there know me from school? Teresa Brown where are you?

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2004 at 6:06 PM

That Indian restaurant sounds great! There used to be some fantastic Chinese ones in Kitwe when I worked there 30 years ago (likely Indian too)!

• applemaca's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2003 at 2:13 PM

Lived in Kitwe 1971 - 1976. A place very dear to my heart.

• Yubert's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2003 at 8:52 PM

Happy B-day. Never heard of Kitwe but would like to see pics of this place.

Kalulu

“Go with your instincts and always remember to smile”

Ranked Member