"Potential To Be A World Class Resort" Puntarenas by NitnyLeo
Puntarenas Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 78 photos
Sailing into Puntarenas will remind you of a Hawaiian village...palm trees line the shore with volcanic cones attempting to assert hegemony over the tranquility of a peaceful sea.
It is an old port that has lost its lustre and vitality. As you walk the uneven sidewalks, you are constantly aware of the oldness of the buildings shrouded by gaudy facades; at every corner you are ....(tbc)
If Gabriel Garcia Marquez's Colonel ever decides to move to Costa Rica, he will move here.
There is so much more to write about Puntarenas; and my final review will be positive. In fact, I'd love to live here; I already have the site picked to open an Internet cafe in order to support myself.
- Pros:Its gorgeous from a distance
- Cons:Dirty water, dirty beach, dirty town
- In a nutshell:An Old Port Left Behind In Time
NitnyLeo's Related Pages
Puntarenas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gulf of Nicoya"
- "Oficial Internet Comercial Site of Puntarenas"
- "only a stop over..."
- "Ferry Port City of Puntarenas"
- "Potential To Be A World Class Resort"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puntarenas
- Hotels in Puntarenas
- Transportation in Puntarenas
- Nightlife in Puntarenas
- Restaurants in Puntarenas
- Warnings and Dangers in Puntarenas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puntarenas
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Puntarenas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puntarenas
Top 10 Pages
- Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Lancaster Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Lititz Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Philadelphia Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- State College Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Puntarenas Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.