"Girls with Pearl (and gold) Earrings love Gent" Gent by morgane1692

Gent Travel Guide: 1,437 reviews and 3,724 photos

Excellent medieval castle, complete with ramparts and torture instruments; they just don't make guillotines like they used to, isn't that so? Plus, there's a canal along which to wander and observe. This city has thought of everything.

The Man in the Long Black Coat

I should have snapped this before he'd walked halfway down the street already. But the whole image was so intriguing, so European, so NOT like anything you'll ever see in this America. Who was he? Where was he going? I was shooting my own movie here, making up the storyline as I went along...then I had to stop and catch the train back to Brussels. Hmmmm...

• Pros:Internet in a candy shop, what a city!
  • Cons:beware of the French onion soup; yummy but screaming hot!
  • Last visit to Gent: Mar 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 29, 2004

• Groentje's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2006 at 8:21 AM

It sure is a great castle, isn't it? :-)

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2004 at 3:18 AM

Gr8 page & tips livened nicely with touches of your SoH. Really enjoyable reading.

• bambino36's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2004 at 6:08 PM

Well it seems the Gravesteen Castle really scared you... or not!! Cheers Antonio

• genki44's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2004 at 7:50 PM

That's hysterical!!! I just walked by that web on Saturday!! My friend wanted me to climb on it and take a picture, but I was not daring enough to do that!!!

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2004 at 4:18 AM

You have some great views on my hometown !! always welcome ! Luc

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2004 at 9:44 PM

You have some great angles on your photos. No waffles and crepes before 2pm.. hmm wonder why. Sounds like a great choice of restaurants though.

morgane1692

“either take the buffet, or you are stupid!”

Badges & Stats in Gent