"Who cannot be happy here?" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Tenerife by morgane1692

Isla de Tenerife Travel Guide: 1,422 reviews and 3,056 photos

A week like no other

That Friday afternoon I was given a list of four possibilities: Tenerife, Malaga, Lisbon, or Bordeaux. Now you know I love my France, but Bordeaux didn't quite offer the tropical and/or warm beachy idyll I was seeking, so Then There Were Three. Portugal and mainland Spain, especially mainland Spain, sounded verrry good indeed. But there was something notably intriguing, even exotic, about the Canary Islands. Meanderings around this grand island included a stop in the seaside and hillside town of Garrachico. Colorful and a bit storybook-like...

Hard to believe this is the same Atlantic Ocean...

...that I've seen all my life along the US East Coast. Prettier sand and infinitely clearer water here, I'll vote for this Canarian version every damn time, noooo question.

The much-maligned Playa de las Americas

One must be daft beyond measure, to not love this spot...

• Last visit to Isla de Tenerife: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 3, 2004

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2008 at 9:17 AM

Wonderful writing style. Personal and funny. Thanks you. Oh...and birthday greetings from Alaska!

• Jan 10, 2007 at 2:28 PM

That walkway by the BIG rock seems like a very beautiful place but WHERE do I find it?

• morgandk's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2006 at 8:31 PM

E Morgan, your pages are made even the more enjoyable by your whisp of a story in the explanation. Failte!

• Maria_75's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2005 at 6:32 AM

WONDERFUL PAGES! I'm going to drive all around the island soon, but not sure how my vertigo will cope with the roads as I get sick just from watching your pictures... But hopefully I will live to tell the tale! ;) Maria.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2005 at 2:43 PM

You write like an artist - great description & beautiful photography Good Page Happy Travels

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2005 at 1:45 PM

It's an amazing hotel :-)

• LowBrow's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2005 at 5:18 AM

Thanks for doing all the legwork on Tenerife. Now my (eventual) trip there will be piece of cake, or maybe better a serving of Paella (not quite as lyrical)

• ferdnbean's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2005 at 2:35 PM

Happy Birthday, Cristina. Great photos, comments and sense of humor! May you have many more happy birthdays and travels ahead of you! Wayne

• mazzap's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2005 at 2:53 PM

Great descriptions and pics of one of my favourite places! I particularly liked your beach shot (bands of navy, jade + earth) even with the strap! Thanks, Marion.

• Rafterman40's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2005 at 10:24 PM

I'm so jealous of your travels - and you're cool as hell (quoting old school Letterman)!

morgane1692

“either take the buffet, or you are stupid!”

Badges & Stats in Isla de Tenerife

Have you been to Isla de Tenerife?