Manaus Favorite Tips by morgane1692 Top 5 Page for this destination
Manaus Favorites: 23 reviews and 18 photos
you can learn a lot in a cemetery
Fondest memory: One of my fondest memories of my week in Manaus was our walk through its historical SAO JOAO BATISTA CEMETERY. The heat and sunlight were merciless and sapped a bit of the life out of us (!?) but wear a hat and take a bottle of water and you'll survive. Probably.
sunset bliss...ahhh, feel the air!
Fondest memory: Our Jungle Cruise on the Rivers Negro and Amazon. Different companies offer such trips but we signed up for our internment, errr, luxury cruise at the travel agency located inside the lobby of the tres cool Tropical Hotel on Ponta Negra beach. We then joined our fellow castaways directly behind the hotel, boarding at its private dock. And off we went....to return that evening with true stories of survival that shocked and amazed our friends and family...did we really have to eat bugs and build our own shelter from palm fronds and coconut shells and steal each other's shoes and cooking pots?!?!
a very tropical version of Pere Lachaise
Fondest memory: Wander the paths here at the interesting and sunny SAO JOAO BATISTA cemetery...and bring your camera; as always, just use your common sense and discretion in photographing the tombs...
More Reviews (15)
- See All Blessed jungle seclusion!
- See All Bosque da Ciencia
- See All Many times, even a boat will not be...
morgane1692's Related Pages
Manaus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Worth the Trek."
- "The city I live"
- "MANAUS, Mother of the gods…"
- "The Great Mother"
- "What is happiness, my love…."
- "River City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manaus
- Hotels in Manaus
- Transportation in Manaus
- Nightlife in Manaus
- Restaurants in Manaus
- Shopping in Manaus
- Warnings and Dangers in Manaus
- See All...
Explore the World
- Takua Pa
- Penzberg Hotels
- Petworth Hotels
- Vicksburg National Military Park Hotels
- Alcudia Hotels
Badges & Stats in Manaus
- 18 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 35 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Manaus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manaus
Photos in ManausSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Tenerife Intro, 44 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 38 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manaus Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mexico City Intro, 27 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dublin Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 21 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athens Intro, 15 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
Latest Manaus hotel reviews
- Ariau Amazon Towers Hotel
- 128 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Tropical Manaus
- 229 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Taj Mahal Hotel Manaus
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2012
- Best Western Lord Manaus
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 8, 2013
- Tariri Amazon Lodge
- 77 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 6, 2013
- Plaza Hotel
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 30, 2012
- Ibis Manaus
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 29, 2012
- Novotel Manaus
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 13, 2013
- Adrianapolis Apart Service
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Da Vinci Hotel and Conventions Manaus
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2012
- Take a trip along the river,...- 24 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Municipal Market- 10 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Opera House, Museo do Indio- 17 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Floating Dock (2)- 6 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Bosque da Ciencia- 4 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Customs House- 4 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Ponta Negra Beach- 3 Reviews, 5 Photos
- CAMP GREEN PLANET- 2 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Mindu Park- 2 Reviews, 6 Photos
- The Zoo- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
See All Manaus Things to Do