"Worth the Trek." Top 5 Page for this destination Manaus by morgane1692
Manaus Travel Guide: 292 reviews and 811 photos
Such isolation virtually assures Manaus it won't be overrun with cookiecutter tourists who think the residents live in thatched-roof huts and that monkeys and crocodiles roam the streets. This same location also makes it difficult for the rare, serious traveler who might be there to visit family and friends...
Make sure you have as your "guide" someone who lives here and knows the area soooo much more than any old tourbook. Then you may return to your home and "civilization," impressing your friends with your stories and photos of this dreamy, magical, oh-so-remote and humid spot, and they will wonder why you didn't go to Rio de Janeiro, since that's what they know of Brazil, and you just smile and think, well, you didn't go to Brazil to follow everyone else's paths, you went there to make your own!
- Pros:The PEOPLE...sempre, toujours, always...
- Cons:HUMIDITY you can see AND cut with a spoon!
- In a nutshell:so glad this was my intro to Brazil!!!
*****A scenic 107km drive north on BR-174 (the only road out of town, don't worry, you'll find it...just stop before you... more travel advice
You don't reeeally have to join a jungle expedition to see wildlife here...check out the interesting zoo and rainforest... more travel advice
morgane1692's Related Pages
Manaus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Worth the Trek."
- "The city I live"
- "The Great Mother"
- "River City"
- "What is happiness, my love…."
- "WHERE THE BIG WATERS MEET....."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manaus
- Hotels in Manaus
- Transportation in Manaus
- Nightlife in Manaus
- Restaurants in Manaus
- Shopping in Manaus
- Warnings and Dangers in Manaus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manaus
- 18 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Manaus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manaus
Photos in ManausSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Tenerife Intro, 44 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 38 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manaus Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mexico City Intro, 27 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dublin Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 21 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athens Intro, 15 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues