"A Time Warp" Lobito by jungleboy
Lobito Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 30 photos
Lobito is a port just North of Benguela and is also the starting point of the Benguela railway that streaches far into the African continent. The town has clearly had a prosperous past as streets are lined with large colonial mansion houses, cinemas, bars and cafes. However it is a bit of a ghost town at the moment although there doesn't seem to be much physical damage done by the war.
Lobito also has an Ilha like Luanda with beaches streaching along it. It wraps around the port which is said to be bigger and better than the one in Luanda.
There are a couple of good hotels in Lobito and there is a good clean beach at the very end of the Ilha. It has good security and the owners of the bar/restaurant there let us camp on the beach for New Year.
- Pros:amazing architecture, clean streets, lots of bars/restaurants, nice beaches, a few shops/hotels
- Cons:roads to Lobito not very good! But they are passible.
- In a nutshell:A little time capsule
This old railway station built by the colonials is in the town of Catumbela. This is also the home of the Cuca... more travel advice
Outside the main part of town is another city made from mud and corregated iron... more travel advice
jungleboy's Related Pages
Lobito Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Time Warp"
- "Hard working, but pleasant place"
- "Lobito Beaches"
- "Holiday Town"
- "Cabana Boy's Lobito page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lobito
- Hotels in Lobito
- Transportation in Lobito
- Restaurants in Lobito
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lobito
- 9 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Lobito?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lobito
Photos in LobitoSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luanda Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Lobito Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Huambo Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Trinidad and Tobago Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Angola Intro, 3 photos
- Brechin Intro, 2 photos
- Beijing Intro, 1 photo
- Edinburgh Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.