"Alba Iulia" Alba Iulia by Mique
Alba Iulia Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 86 photos
Alba Iulia wasn't the first place on my list to visit. But then i heard it has a citadel and that it was one of the most important cities in Transsylvania. So i had to go there. Unfortunately the old town has been flattened by Ceaucescu and the city isn't very appealing. Luckily he left the citadel and its buildings inside alone.
It was in Alba Iulia that in 1918 the treaty was signed that joined Transsylvania and Romania. So for the Romania we know today, Alba Iulia is of great significance
VT-member Dunemaire was so nice to be my guide around Alba Iulia. Thanks Andrea and Timi
Take care and don't make fun of Mihael Viteazul's horse. I had a now funny story but then not so nice experience and i... more travel advice
Some parts of the citadel are really old. And sometimes you can find clear evidence of it. In one of the houses in the... more travel advice
Mique's Related Pages
Alba Iulia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Citadels, tunnels and cathedrals"
- "Alba Iulia-Tourist attractions"
- "The legend of Alba Iulia"
- "Alba Iulia: Old Transylvanian Capital"
- "Historic Alba Iulia"
- "Journey to Transylvania"
- "The hiden Alba Iulia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alba Iulia
- Hotels in Alba Iulia
- Transportation in Alba Iulia
- Nightlife in Alba Iulia
- Restaurants in Alba Iulia
- Warnings and Dangers in Alba Iulia
- See All...
Explore the World
- Lake Apopka Hotels
- Breaux Bridge
- Port Angeles
- Conil de la Frontera
- Isla Holbox
- Phillaur Hotels
- Mount Arayat National Park Hotels
- Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Hotels
- Fort Myers
- Cape Town
- Ute Lake State Park Hotels
- Lord Howe Island
- Castilla y León
- Chernivets'ka Oblast'
- Stabroek Hotels
Badges & Stats in Alba Iulia
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Alba Iulia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alba Iulia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 87 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 68 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 32 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 44 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oradea Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Émilion Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues