"A day out in Brielle" Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle by Mique
Brielle Travel Guide: 154 reviews and 354 photos
The other day i got dropped of in Brielle. It just was the easiest way after spending a weekend someplace with family. And i knew Brielle was well worth visiting. So i decided to have a look around for a day and then take the bus to Rotterdam and head back home.. And although i think i've seen a lot i know i haven't seen all... But as a true tourist and VT-member, i have taken as much pictures as i could. And lifted as many brochures and other interesting stuff from the tourist information office.....
And that has helped me a lot. So much info... About the history of this fascinating town, the old buildings, the old defense works and all the gable-stones (not sure whether that's the word). I wished i had more eyes (and more space left on the memory sticks of my camera..)
The town is growing and nowadays there are area's outside the original fortress-town. But that doesn't spoil the fun one bit since you don't see them when you're wandering through the town..
Since i took the town-walk i got to see all parts of major interest. It was fun since that day there was a professional photographer of a Rotterdam newspaper around too. And we kept meeting and taking pictures of roughly the same spots.. I must admit that his camera looked much more impressive then mine ;-)
The best part... Recently family of mine moved to Brielle. So i did spend a whole week here when i needed to 'kill time' before taking of on my world-trip...
- Pros:A real visit back in time with modern comforts ....
- Cons:Non that i can think off
- In a nutshell:It is a bit of the beaten path, but so worth straying of the major road for!
It is a really nice place with most excellent food. What i particularly liked about it is that the stones from the... more travel advice
This church has quite something to tell. At first the church was supposed to become much bigger. And the remaining... more travel advice
Mique's Related Pages
Brielle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brielle: Libertatis Primitiae"
- "Arrival of Baton East in Brielle September 2005"
- "A day out in Brielle"
- "April 1st 2002"
- "Brielle and Voorne"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brielle
- Hotels in Brielle
- Transportation in Brielle
- Nightlife in Brielle
- Restaurants in Brielle
- Shopping in Brielle
- Warnings and Dangers in Brielle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brielle
- 12 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Brielle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brielle
Photos in BrielleSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 87 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 68 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 32 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 44 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oradea Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Émilion Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues