"Most famous for its cheese" Top 5 Page for this destination Edam by Mique
Edam Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 192 photos
When Roy (Imaniac) decided to do some more exploring of the Netherlands after the VT-meeting in Den Haag and Delft he convinced Brandon (europebn) and myself to join him. So we visited the Zaanse Schans first and then went on to Edam. Unfortunately we came here a bit later then we had planned. The Zaanse Schans took us more time then we thought we needed. But still we had time to make a quick round and get a good impression. And that impression conferms that there is more to Edam then just cheese....
When we walked from the busstop to the centre, we passed this house with its unusual decorated 'garden'
The square, the weirdest bridge and the town hall
- Pros:More then just cheese
- In a nutshell:Touristy but worth it
Actually there are only cheese markets here in summer. The rest of the year this is just an ?ordinary? square with some... more travel advice
This place was founded in 1554/1555 with the help of wealthy Edam citizens. 16 small houses where build where poor... more travel advice
Mique's Related Pages
Edam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dam on the Ye"
- "Say CHEESE! say EDAM!"
- "Most famous for its cheese"
- "the town and its cheese"
- "City of Cheese"
- "Edam, home of "the" cheese"
- "NOT ONLY CHEESE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Edam
- Transportation in Edam
- Restaurants in Edam
- Shopping in Edam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edam
- 11 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Edam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edam
Photos in EdamSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 87 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 68 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 32 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 44 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oradea Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Émilion Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues