"The Netherlands, Belgium AND Germany all in a day!" Top 5 Page for this destination Vaals by Mique

Vaals Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 97 photos

3-country point

La_beba stands in the Netherlands, Pieter_Jan_v, Swanet and Eva are standing in Belgium, La_Holandesa, me, Martin_nl, Imaniac, Dila and El_Holandes are standing in Germany...

Helping hand

For group pictures it is always helpful to have someone around claiming she doesn't belong to VT and will therefor take all the group pictures.. But we don't let her get away with it that easily..

On top of the tower

Not only is it the 3-country point but it is also the hightest point in the Netherlands.. So to have a really wide view (something rather unfamiliar to us) they've build this tower.. We did reduce a bit in numbers.. You see Swanet, Jose (el_holandes), me and Glenda (la_beba) in the front row and Eva, Martin (Martin_nl), Pieter_jan (Pieter_jan_v) and Diana (Dila) make up the back row

• Pros:Much fun to go to especially with a few VT-ers
  • Cons:Not much else to see and do unless you like to hike
  • In a nutshell:Great VT-stop
  • Last visit to Vaals: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Aug 20, 2003

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2009 at 1:58 AM

Great that you had a VT meeting at the Three Countries Corner. I've been there, too, but I came up on a rented bicycle from the German side, so I put some tips on my Aachen page. (That's the town that is called Aken in Dutch.)

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2007 at 2:28 AM

Thanks for this interesting page, I have those stairs that does not have a solid 'non-seathru' foundation ;-)

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2005 at 1:22 PM

Heee, Sandra ... what do you mean with "living in ... RUSSIA". Tell me more tell me more. Did you indeed move or are you on holiday and ... where then? Groetjes, Paul

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2003 at 1:40 PM

Great picture of the VT-meeting! Wish I could have been there! I do miss going to all those Dutch VT-meetings.

• dila's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2003 at 1:13 PM

it was nice to go here for the 3 country point our after meeting

• martin_nl's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2003 at 3:10 PM

Great tips and pics. It was very windy up there on the highest point of the country! We should have waved to Stef though in Aachen ;-)

• TinyTuck's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2003 at 4:41 AM

Glad you liked it! From my old flat I could see the tower... Oh, and I love that picture with Swanet, very original, haha!

• belgianchocolate's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2003 at 1:49 PM

lol. great vieuw.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2003 at 2:06 PM

Brilliant photos ... a pity that the Germans didn´t join the second day .... :o)

• Carmela71's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2003 at 3:56 AM

Sandra, a very international place for an international meeting! I am still jealous lol

Mique

“Be yourself, everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde (thanks Luna!)”

Badges & Stats in Vaals